User Discussions > Other Discussion

Summer Priorities

(1/6) > >>

Jim:
My summer window of opportunity to do some TM development is almost here.  I have plenty of ideas for enhancements and plenty of known problems that need attention, but I'm interested in hearing what all of you think should get some higher priority attention.  I already know that I need to have a good chunk of my time focused on my related educational project, since that is how I can justify my ongoing efforts on TM in general, and I even have a small amount of funding to support it for the first time.  But I also plan to do some TM-specific work that doesn't directly benefit the educational project.

mapcat:
Congratulations on making it through another semester. I know the feeling (my last final was today and everything's graded). And congratulations on the grant!

In no particular order, here are some things I hope you might try to tackle first:

Sorting of routes by mileage or clinched percentage

List of travelers who have traveled a system/region

New waypoint editor

Top Stats

Easier way to change default map colors for systems

Bickendan:
On the Oregon side, I hope to fix the I-84/US 30 and I-5/OR 99 concurrency issues that the last Oregon update introduced (sorry, easily distracted by non-TM things :(), then work on the >OR 90 routes.
After that, start developing the (internal) Oregon Highway system to remove the non-signed Routes (that SHOULD be signed per ODOT) from the active system and map out the differences between the Highway and Route systems.

Hopefully all sooner than later.

si404:
A couple of small fixes on the stats -
1) instead of 'Miles Driven' and 'Routes Driven' it should be more mode-neutral 'Miles Traveled' and 'Routes Traveled'.
2) the ability to show figures in kilometres should be given.

Something I would find incredibly useful is the option to show intersecting routes.

julmac:

--- Quote from: si404 on May 03, 2017, 01:20:55 pm ---A couple of small fixes on the stats -
1) instead of 'Miles Driven' and 'Routes Driven' it should be more mode-neutral 'Miles Traveled' and 'Routes Traveled'.
2) the ability to show figures in kilometres should be given.

Something I would find incredibly useful is the option to show intersecting routes.

--- End quote ---

The column title should probably be unit-neutral as well. "Length Traveled" was used in CHM with the ability to toggle between km and mi. below. Or the unit toggle could be in a more global position.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version