Author Topic: QC: Another relocation of QC 185 to future A-85 alignment  (Read 1073 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:24:33 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
QC: Another relocation of QC 185 to future A-85 alignment
« on: November 04, 2022, 08:52:36 pm »
Another 1.3 mile of QC/TCH 185 has just been upgraded to freeway. This is an easterly extension of the freeway segment, west and east of the QC 291 interchange, that was opened to traffic about this time last year.

The MTQ press release is unclear about whether the extended freeway segment is now part of A-85 (rather than a future A-85 segment), which could mean adding a third A-85 segment between the two already in the HB. MTQ online mapping indicated that the segment opened last year remained part of QC 185. I'll be busy with non-TM stuff, including my niece's wedding, for about a week and a half. When that's over, I can re-review MTQ's updated online mapping, to make sure I accurately revise the HB.

MTQ is still working on upgrading three remaining segments of QC/TCH 185 to Autoroute standards. Overall project completion is projected by 2026. However, some segments may be added to A-85 sooner, with one two-lane roadway open to two-way traffic, while the other roadway is still under construction. That happened with parts of sections 2 and 3, which I drove and added to the HB in 2021, before they were twinned in 2022.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 03:57:55 pm by oscar »

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:24:33 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:10:49 pm by oscar »