Author Topic: FL US41  (Read 2332 times)

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:35:08 pm
FL US41
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:50:07 pm »
I'm in Miami for the next two nights and I took a drive along the McCarthur Cswy and did not find this route signed.  I'm going to do another drive to assert where the end of it is tomorrow.
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
Re: FL US41
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 10:10:01 pm »
This is one of the few exceptions we've had for US Highways being unsigned till their end (US-74 in TN says hi).  All FDOT documents agree with the end, and so does the AASHTO.  I mean, if FDOT wanted to officially shorten the route, the perfect would have been when they rerouted US-1, but they didn't.  They did submit an update for US-41, but just to change the intersection part of the log do to the elimination of a small part of the US-1 multiplex.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:19:37 am by rickmastfan67 »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 03:00:56 pm »
Do we wanna change anything or do we wanna close the issue? I think we should mark it solved.

Offline SSOWorld

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 04:28:52 pm »
Confusing to me due to the lack of signage in DT Miami for either route (41 and US 1) outside junctions - particularly with the freeways.  Will tentatively concede to the log.
Completed:
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:54:00 am
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 05:14:23 pm »
So if we include US 41 out to Miami Beach, why not FL 228 across the bridge to east Jacksonville?

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:26:16 pm
FL: US41 southern end
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 04:50:13 pm »
HB currently shows US 41 ending in Miami Beach, while concurrent with A1A.

Drove this today and saw zero US 41 shields along that part of A1A, as well as zero along the theoretical US 1 concurrency.

The first sign for US 41 heading "north" (it's actually signed as "west" at that point) is at the intersection of Brickell and SE 7th St.

So, it seems to me that US 41 should be truncated back to current point "BriAve_S" (which should thusly then be renamed "BriAve")

Offline SSOWorld

Completed:

*Previously completed