Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by mapmikey on March 16, 2024, 11:50:25 pm »
Took a 17 hr, 810 mile u-turn today.

New clinches in order:
NJ 324, NJ 42, NJ 52, NJ 152, Atlantic City Expwy, NJ 187, NJ 87, Atlantic City Brigantine Connector, NJ 157, NJ 166, Garden State Pkwy, NJ 184, NJ 36, NJ 66, NJ 34, NJ 79, NJ 33, NJ 33 Bus, NJ 64, NJ 133

New mileage: NJ 35, NJ 71

The concrete on the “closed” section of 324 is in way better shape than the “open” section. NJ 66 also has a very worn concrete section.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: FL: Point Concerns After 3/2023 Trip
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on March 16, 2024, 10:44:41 pm »
US 98: 
1.  SemPraWhiRd should be shortened.  (also affects US 441 and FL 80)
2.  CR35Alt>-CR35Alt_S (maybe CR35AAlt??) (may affect the CR35Alt_N label)
3.  OldCraHwy_S>-OldCraHwy (only one intersection unlike US 319)
4.  Consider replacing the shaping point west of FL 363 with a visible point.
5.  Consider replacing the shaping points east of FL 30A and CR 30A with visible points.

1. Changed to 'SPWhiRd'.
2. That road has an identity crises.  ::)  Half the time, it's signed as CR-35 ALT, the other times it's CR-35A ALT.  I mean, at that intersection, on the road itself, it has the CR-35 ALT shields.  Anyways, the GIS doesn't even show this segment on the county layer.  But down below, it has a small segment of the route shown as 'CR 35A'.  But that could mean anything, as FL doesn't normally have bannered routes.  Then again, Clinton Ave has the designation of 'CR-52A' in the GIS, but is signed as 'CR-52 ALT' in the field.  So, confusion all around there in that area.  Still, I don't think I'll be changing any of the labels here due to this fact.  The only reason I didn't have the '_S' at the southern junction was because that wasn't the end of the route, even though it doesn't connect back to US-98.
3. No change here, as I don't feel like messing around with this, as the label is in-use, and is technically correct, as I like to keep labels synced between routes along multiplexes as much as possible.
4. No, as over 0.1 miles would be lost if I adjusted it.  Not worth it IMO.
5. There's no roads there with any posted street blades w/ names.  So, no changes here.

2. Hmmm, no 'EXIT' gore signage, however, classic partial exit design.  HOWEVER, are we even sure that's the road name?  I couldn't find a single street-blade w/ that name, or any signage mentioning the address.  Will defer on this till we can verify a road name for the point.

I think either 2ndSt or 3rdSt is fine.  The latter would be a duplicate label though.

I'm going to go with RivBlvd.  This business has a website, and it lists the road as Riverfront Blvd.  That's good enough for me to ID the road name.

==

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7276
Updates to Highway Data / Re: FL: Point Concerns After 3/2023 Trip
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on March 16, 2024, 08:31:57 pm »
So if I-670 had no end shield, would that change things?

I doubt it, since it's signed in the other direction @ the huge interchange.

With FL-574, there's 0 mention from US-92 EB, and usually FDOT is pretty good at signing stuff like this if they want to acknowledge the route.

Also, this would be similar to the eastern end of FL-84.  GIS says it goes one block beyond US-1 to Miami Road, but it isn't signed as doing so from US-1.  However, just was randomly looking @ GSV and did discover a street blade that mentions it @ Miami Road as 'SR 84'.  And it's a recent install too, as the old one said 'ST RD 84'.  However, not too keen on extending it still, since people would only see 'WB FL-84' shields @ US-1.
Solved Highway data updates / Re: DEU-NW: L229 point request
« Last post by Duke87 on March 16, 2024, 07:19:31 pm »
I... yes, that is what I meant thank you. Pardon jetlag brain. :pan:
Solved Highway data updates / Re: MD: MD 219
« Last post by Markkos1992 on March 16, 2024, 05:48:53 pm »
MD 219 is written as MD 218 in the updates entry.  Anyway, I am glad I went to clinch this today.

Thankfully MD 935 is back is being signed the way it was before the detour.
Solved Highway data updates / Re: HRV: misc issues
« Last post by michih on March 16, 2024, 03:26:29 pm »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7275

A1: is there a reason some exit number labels have an "a" suffix with no corresponding b or vanilla?

The vanilla exit number labels are in-use alt labels.
Solved Highway data updates / Re: DEU-NW: L229 point request
« Last post by michih on March 16, 2024, 03:24:49 pm »
I've added K1 to L228 just south of B56.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7275
Solved Highway data updates / Re: MD: MD 219
« Last post by Duke87 on March 16, 2024, 11:39:18 am »
Maryland has way too many examples of "oh this half a block of a dead end street is MD 782F" (I made that number up, specifics are beside the point) for any sane person to attempt to clinch all the unsigned stuff. This came up in prior discussion about future inclusion of at least some unsigned routes.

Anyway, adding MD 219 since it's signed. Anyone else ever submitted an update from 36,000 feet in the air? Because I'm taking advantage of the wifi on my flight home from my grand European road trip to do that (among other things, including spending over 2 hours updating my own list file). :P

And if anyone is curious yes, logging into Noreaster and running datacheck does work from up here, with the most noticeable difference being a lot more lag than normal before it prompts for password. Datacheck itself runs as fast as on the ground.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7273

Solved Highway data updates / DEU-NW: L229 point request
« Last post by Duke87 on March 16, 2024, 11:15:41 am »
Would like to request a point at K1, south of D86. I turned off here to head to Nieuwstadt.
Solved Highway data updates / HRV: misc issues
« Last post by Duke87 on March 16, 2024, 11:12:51 am »
D8: the Zen point in Senj needs to be realigned to the nearby roundabout (and renamed?).
D8: would like to request a point at Z59001 in Senj - had to detour just south of here due to a construction closure.
D23: A1(9) point needs to be relabeled A1(10)
A1: is there a reason some exit number labels have an "a" suffix with no corresponding b or vanilla?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10