Author Topic: IL: Eisenhower Expwy  (Read 4056 times)

Offline norheim

• Last Login:September 14, 2021, 09:30:53 pm
IL: Eisenhower Expwy
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:38:15 pm »
New poster here, but a veteran from the old CHM site. Did a search on the site and didn't see anything about this, so here goes:

The eastern end of the Eisenhower Expressway in Chicago is not clinchable.  The portion east of the Circle Interchange with the Dan Ryan (I-90/94) is not part of I-290 like the rest of the Ike.  But it is an important and even historical freeway. It's not just a glorified exit ramp like the Ohio/Ontario ramps off of the Kennedy. Plus it goes through the Post Office!  Could it go in usasf?

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
Re: IL: Eisenhower Expwy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:22:01 pm »
The name of it would be Congress Parkway (ConPkwy) and would be about half a mile long. I don't know if it meets the conditions for a special route though.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 10:22:25 am »
I guess we don't wanna add it, do we? Marking solved?

Offline compdude787

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 09, 2024, 02:19:30 am
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 09:41:59 pm »
I guess we don't wanna add it, do we? Marking solved?

It seems that this is not something we want to add. Marking as solved...

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:35:08 pm
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 10:15:36 pm »
3 mile rule.
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 09:50:25 am
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 05:04:59 pm »
3 mile rule.
There is no 3 mile rule.
Clinched:

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:51:15 pm
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 02:45:57 pm »
After the recent discussion involving the Inner Loop that led to its addition in usasf, I have unmarked this one.

Offline SSOWorld

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 01:15:45 pm »
The name of it would be Congress Parkway (ConPkwy) and would be about half a mile long. I don't know if it meets the conditions for a special route though.
Ida B. Wells Drive is the name now.  Of course, that might go the route of Willis Tower (unrecognized by the locals)
Completed:
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 03:00:29 pm »
I'm confused. Now there's a drive to include this in there? I'm not sold on the value of adding 7 blocks of an unsigned, non-state-maintained(?) route between the Circle Interchange and Wells.

IL does not have any other "select" freeways so it would be sticking out funny.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:26:16 pm
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 06:36:38 pm »
Per IDOT GIS it is under state jurisdiction... all the way to Michigan Ave, actually.

Regardless, I'm fine with the original decision to exclude and don't see anything that was done regarding the Inner Loop in NY as having any particular bearing on this.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:51:15 pm
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 09:19:40 am »
I'm confused. Now there's a drive to include this in there? I'm not sold on the value of adding 7 blocks of an unsigned, non-state-maintained(?) route between the Circle Interchange and Wells.

IL does not have any other "select" freeways so it would be sticking out funny.

I would not say there is "a drive" to include it.  I think it was worth further discussion.

I personally do not really have a side on this.  I would be more leaning on including it if the freeway extended to US 41 or ended at another major route. (see the Central Scranton Expressway)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 09:52:22 am »
Google has an IL 110 shield on the stretch in question.  I know it is probably erroneous as is so often the case with Google, but if in fact 110 extends past I-90, that solves the issue here.

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:23:42 pm
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 05:26:37 pm »
Google has an IL 110 shield on the stretch in question.  I know it is probably erroneous as is so often the case with Google, but if in fact 110 extends past I-90, that solves the issue here.
I don't recall seeing any route signage on street view, so if it does, it probably just brings this into the unsigned state route debate.

Wikipedia shows it as ending at I-90/I-94 in any case.  Actually, is IL 110 even signed there?  It doesn't look like it.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 05:50:05 pm »
Wherever the TM threshold is for inclusion in usasf, I think the Northway stub is more worthy, given that it connects at US 20.  To be clear, I am not necessarily advocating for the Northway stub, but that the stretch in question here is further from the threshold for inclusion in my opinion.

Offline SSOWorld

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 02:21:15 am »
I don't recall seeing any route signage on street view, so if it does, it probably just brings this into the unsigned state route debate.

Wikipedia shows it as ending at I-90/I-94 in any case.  Actually, is IL 110 even signed there?  It doesn't look like it.
Not on the section that should be called Congress Pkwy.  West of the Circle, yes.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:23:50 am by SSOWorld »
Completed:

*Previously completed