Author Topic: SK: Regina Bypass now open  (Read 1737 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:36:37 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
SK: Regina Bypass now open
« on: October 29, 2019, 08:29:38 pm »
Earlier today, just a little bit ahead of schedule:

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/regina-bypass-officially-open-to-traffic-1.4661023

This changes the routing of TCH 1 and SK 11, adds a new SK 11A, and will require other route file updates. I also plan to add Ring Road to cannf, now that more of it is now unnumbered, though since cannf is still in devel status, that can wait until I'm back home.

I'm in Minnesota right now, and expect to be in Regina in a few days for a field check (especially the new exit numbers shown in OSM, though I've seen photos verifying some of the exit numbers). In the meantime, I'll draft the needed route file and .csv changes, to be pulled in when I've tied up any loose ends.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
Re: SK: Regina Bypass now open
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:58:16 pm »
In Regina now. I spent a few hours field-checking the Bypass project, and clinching another route (SK 46) while I was at it. I plan to polish up the pull request I've already drafted, and submit it soon (perhaps tomorrow evening, from my next overnight stop).

There is not yet SK 11A signage for the part of former SK 11 between the north end of the Bypass and its northern junction with SK 6. The highways ministry announced earlier this month that route renumbering would take place. However, since the Bypass opened only three days ago, and was originally scheduled to open yesterday. the ministry hasn't had much time to replace the SK 11 signage that still is on that segment. I am not bothered that there isn't yet any SK 11A signage, and plan to include SK 11A as a new route in the pull request I'm finalizing.

The other interesting thing is, as shown in OSM and confirmed in my field check, the exit numbers on Trans-Canada 1 run from east to west rather than the usual west to east. I don't know why, but the highways ministry logs its cross-province highways that way, beginning its Route 1 log at the Manitoba border. I have ordered waypoints for such routes from west to east, especially for the TCH routes in keeping with how most of the other provinces km-post their parts of the TCH.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:27:01 am by oscar »

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 10:18:51 am »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/3271
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/3273

This includes addition of Ring Road in Regina to cannf, subject to peer review once someone puts that devel system into preview.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:27:48 am by oscar »

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 09:51:13 pm »
Also make the primary label for the sk.tchmai file line below SK6_N?

Code: [Select]
SK6/11_N +SK6/11 http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.447105&lon=-104.563542

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 11:08:52 pm »
^ Actually, that's from the old TCHMai file. I somehow left the replacement out of my pull requests. I just submitted a pull request for the new version (which is a clone of SK 1, whose only junction with SK 6 is labeled 247 for its Regina Bypass exit number).