Author Topic: Presenting Active Only and Active+Preview Statistics  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:09:10 pm
Presenting Active Only and Active+Preview Statistics
« on: May 18, 2017, 04:20:09 pm »
There was a comment in the thread about the new region-based used rankings about the redundant information displayed when a region has no preview systems.  A suggestion was to allow a configuration parameter to select either the active only or active+preview for display at any given time.  I personally like having both there right on the same page, but agree that it's silly to have the redundant information when there are no preview systems.  My current plan is to look into a way to quickly detect whether there's preview system data to display, and if not, just don't show those tables.

Offline compdude787

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 09, 2024, 02:19:30 am
Re: Presenting Active Only and Active+Preview Statistics
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »
I prefer to see the list for active AND preview systems. I wouldn't care if you just removed the list that showed the stats for only active systems. After all, those preview systems are going to become live at some point, so I'd like to see how my rank stacks up to other users with regards to active and preview systems.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 09:34:57 am »
I prefer to see the list for active AND preview systems.

Agreed.

I wouldn't care if you just removed the list that showed the stats for only active systems.

I would.  If there's a jurisdiction with both active and preview, leave the active-only in there.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 02:40:47 am »
General idea: while it's nice to have the option of viewing just active, or active + preview, having dual columns everywhere is a little overwhelming. Could active / active + preview be a universal user selection like units?

I like this idea; I think it has merit.
Comes with a caveat, though... If we start to get into having more user-selectable settings, interface design becomes more of a concern. How to arrange these settings, present them to the user, etc. Maybe even one big settings/preferences page...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:59:00 am by mapcat »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 09:09:46 pm »
The inclusion of a list for all users' totals in a state is appreciated, and hasn't gone unnoticed.  :D

(Wanted to point it out somewhere, here is good enough.)