Author Topic: MD: MD 7 (Elkton) Truncated to South St on West End  (Read 1674 times)

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:52:43 pm
MD: MD 7 (Elkton) Truncated to South St on West End
« on: February 07, 2019, 05:00:58 pm »
Looking at the Cecil County HLR from 2016, MD 7(Elkton) should be truncated to South St on its west end.

This also affects labels on MD 213 and MD 268.   The only reference I saw west of MD 281 is a "TO EAST MD 7" on MD 213. Also it should be lined up with US 40 on its eastern end.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:08:41 pm
Re: MD: MD 7 (Elkton) Truncated to South St on West End
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:34:43 pm »
This is consistent with what I saw in the field last month as well. Heading westbound, upon reaching South St, you have to go left or right because the road in front of you is one way the other way. There is no end sign, but no signage indicating a turn for the route either.

No one is currently specifically maintaining Maryland. Markkos, I see you recently took Delaware over. Do you have any desire to take Maryland as well? If not I can do it.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:52:43 pm
Re: MD: MD 7 (Elkton) Truncated to South St on West End
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:39:12 pm »
No one is currently specifically maintaining Maryland. Markkos, I see you recently took Delaware over. Do you have any desire to take Maryland as well? If not I can do it.

I have no desire to take over MD or DC.  The only thing I did in MD (outside of border points) was a couple minor fixes to MD 97 (See https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2565) after I clinched it heading down to Northern Virginia to meet my parents a couple weeks ago.  I have no desire for DC because of the horrible posting though US 29 was not as bad as GSV indicated. 

I mainly took Delaware after doing US 301 and realizing that I was going to be doing further clinching down there anyway.

On the other hand, I will be in Indiana for the next week and will have little to no time for anything TM related.  It may be a miracle just to have an updated list file in by next weekend.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:08:41 pm