Author Topic: NV: NV 159 route split, more updates from 2019 NVDOT route log  (Read 1616 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:03:34 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
NV: NV 159 route split, more updates from 2019 NVDOT route log
« on: January 06, 2019, 08:01:15 pm »
Looks like NV 159 has been split in three, to give Las Vegas control of segments it wants to maintain itself. In exchange, NVDOT brings the Summerlin Parkway under state maintenance, which now becomes NV 613. I drove past the Summerlin Parkway in October 2018, and didn't see any NV 613 signage; I don't know whether it's signed now. I also drove all of NV 159 east of CR215 where all of the relinquishments happened, but not looking carefully enough at the signage for any changes if they took effect before my visit.

This is from NVDOT's latest annual route log, which just came out. I, and the AARoads crowd, will need to pick through it for other changes, in Las Vegas and other parts of the state. Hopefully, this isn't a sign that Nevada is getting more into PITA route-splitting relinquishments, now that trend seems to be slowing down in neighboring California.

Anyways, this will need followup later once I have a chance to digest the 2019 route log.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 09:15:18 pm by oscar »