Author Topic: NY: NY 55: Minor Point Errors West Of US 9  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:35:18 am
NY: NY 55: Minor Point Errors West Of US 9
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:25:32 pm »
1.   NY 17B:  The points for NY 55 should be W and E instead of S and N.
2.   Should WLakeSt be LakeSt_W?
3.   NY 52:  The points for NY 55 should be W and E instead of S and N.  It also looks like a point for MainSt_N could be useful due to Main St connecting to NY 17 (Exit 99) to the north.
4.   I am unsure if SHillRd should just be HillRd.
5.   Should NMouRd be just MouRd? (also affects US 44)
6.   VinAve should be VinAve_E.  (also affects US 44)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:49:54 pm by Markkos1992 »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: NY: NY 55: Minor Point Errors West Of US 9
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 01:03:15 pm »
1. Fixed.
2. Hm. Gray area. The "avoid unnecessary directional prefixes" directive conflicts with the standard directional prefix treatment for a named road overlap. In the case of a road name changing like this, I'd probably use the departing road's name. According to the MilepointRoute2015 shapfiles, the Lake St -> West Lake St switchover happens at Carrier St. WestLakeSt_W? Yecch. But online maps are consistent about a switchover at Swan Lake Rd, and FWIW Google lists addresses on the Carrier<->Swan Lake section as vanilla Lake St. I dunno man. Confusing enough that I'll just go no-build...
3. NY55 points relabeled. Added NMainSt, named for the South/North switchover here, instead of multiplex (_N) style labeling. I'm open to quibbling about the validity of the label; what exactly a "non-essential direction specifier" is was never clearly defined...
4. South Hill is an adjacent geographical feature. Relabeled SouHillRd.
5. Turns into S Mountain Rd farther south. Relabeled in both files.
6. Relabeled in both files.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2741
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:26:53 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca