Author Topic: Displaying 2 different types of shields in HB for one route  (Read 4466 times)

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
Hey Jim, would something like this be possible in the future?  The Florida State Highways could use this if a route has 'toll' and 'non-toll' segments (like FL-528) since the shields are completely different.  Same thing goes for ON-407 now too, since one part has the 'ETR' shield, and the new part uses the normal Ontario shield (except it's blue instead of white; not sure how 412 goes, but it might be blue too).

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
Re: Displaying 2 different types of shields in HB for one route
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:59:17 am »
Hey Jim, would something like this be possible in the future?  The Florida State Highways could use this if a route has 'toll' and 'non-toll' segments (like FL-528) since the shields are completely different.  Same thing goes for ON-407 now too, since one part has the 'ETR' shield, and the new part uses the normal Ontario shield (except it's blue instead of white; not sure how 412 goes, but it might be blue too).

I expect this is possible.  Didn't CHM have shields that cycled through multiple shields for a route where that was appropriate?  However, I have no plans to do anything with the shield generation.  The partial implementation of shield generation was contributed by @Thing342.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:26:16 pm »
There are several Vermont state routes that this would technically be applicable to as well.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 01:16:06 pm »
The partial implementation of shield generation was contributed by @Thing342.

IIRC, Thing342 does not follow the forum. For that reason, a GitHub issue should be submitted.

Offline Thing342

• Computer Guy
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:June 08, 2017, 10:58:40 pm
  • V.T.C.S.
    • Personal Page
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 11:49:40 pm »
The partial implementation of shield generation was contributed by @Thing342.

IIRC, Thing342 does not follow the forum. For that reason, a GitHub issue should be submitted.
I try to, although school + work have prevented me from contributing anything meaningful to the project for awhile.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 12:47:10 am »
Didn't CHM have shields that cycled through multiple shields for a route where that was appropriate?

Yeah, it was done with the TCH routes in Ontario & Quebec since they used different numbered routes, while in other provinces, they used the same number for each section.  However, it was only the number part that changed for them since the shield was the default TCH shield (see attached).  Here, the shield type for each route is completely different, making an animated GIF look pretty bad.  That's why I'm suggesting to display 2 shields side-by-side.

Even PA can take advantage of this by showing the PA Turnpike shields and normal PA shields for 43 & 66.