Author Topic: Two bugs: route page % clinched by segment  (Read 10605 times)

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 09:50:25 am
Two bugs: route page % clinched by segment
« on: June 10, 2018, 02:46:50 pm »
KY 560 is a route driven by five users and clinched by no one, where all users have driven the segment concurrent with KY 165 (and only that segment).

Bug #1: the waypoint table shows that 100% of users have been on the concurrent segment, and 20% have been on the other two segments, even though no one has traveled the other two segments.

Bug #2: the route stats table shows that I've traveled .22 mi of the route (3.68%), and that all five travelers have also traveled .22 mi of it (3.60%). Why the discrepancy in % traveled?

BTW the KY52 waypoint name will be corrected in my next pull request.
Clinched:

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:51:15 pm
Re: Two bugs: route page % clinched by segment
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 09:28:36 am »
I am unsure if this is included with this issue, but I noticed when looking at PA 347 this morning that 14.29% of the travelers had traveled between GreRidSt and DriSt (the segment I added last night).

I could not find any record in Github showing that someone had added GreRidSt to their list files yet.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 11:53:28 am »
Don't think it's strictly related to this issue.
I've noticed that table can be a bit janky at times, especially in the first/last entries.
According to PA-region-traveled.tmg, there are no travelers on PA PA347 GreRidSt DriSt.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 01:57:38 pm »
Both situations described in this thread have changed, so I can't test them directly.  I have poked around looking for similar examples and behavior for showroute seems correct in all cases I've tried.  I'm going to close the corresponding GitHub Issue.  Please reply here if it looks like I have done that too soon and the problems described still exist.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 02:29:53 pm »
The one question I have here on this is, "Are we intending to show percentages of all users on a route or just those that have traveled the route?" for the specific route pages.  I think it is the former at the moment.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 03:12:42 pm »
The one question I have here on this is, "Are we intending to show percentages of all users on a route or just those that have traveled the route?" for the specific route pages.  I think it is the former at the moment.

It is the former.  Not sure what people would find more interesting.  I don't think I want to clutter showroute with both, but I could be convinced.

Offline compdude787

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 09, 2024, 02:19:30 am
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 04:06:40 pm »

It is the former.  Not sure what people would find more interesting.  I don't think I want to clutter showroute with both, but I could be convinced.

I'd personally prefer to see the percentages of users who have traveled the route, rather than the percentage of all TM users. That info seems more useful to me. And besides, it has been that way ever since I first became involved with this project.

You have piqued my curiosity though: Is there any segment on any route that 100% of all users have traveled on? I'd be really surprised if there was.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:08:43 pm by compdude787 »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 05:08:18 pm »
Huh? We see both percentages.

3 (1.02%)

3.61% of drivers
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 05:31:44 pm »
Huh? We see both percentages.

3 (1.02%)

3.61% of drivers

I think I can make myself more clear now.  I think I was referring to the segments themselves. 

My current understanding is that 5.78% of all drivers have driven the segment of ME 5 between ME9 and ME98.  I wonder if it is more useful for the segment percentages to be just for those that traveled the route instead of all travelers.

EDIT:  Hovering over the "%" by the waypoint segments show the following, "Percent of people who have driven this route who have driven the segment starting at this point."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 05:36:24 pm by Markkos1992 »

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 06:18:46 pm »
My current understanding is that 5.78% of all drivers have driven the segment of ME 5 between ME9 and ME98.  I wonder if it is more useful for the segment percentages to be just for those that traveled the route instead of all travelers.

EDIT:  Hovering over the "%" by the waypoint segments show the following, "Percent of people who have driven this route who have driven the segment starting at this point."

Clearly I need to fix either the hover text to match the values it's showing, or fix the values it's showing to match the hover text.  I think I'll fix the values, but I'll give more people a chance to chime in before changing it.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 07:46:54 pm »
more useful for the segment percentages to be just for those that traveled the route instead of all travelers.
This.
Yes, fix the values.

Offline compdude787

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 09, 2024, 02:19:30 am
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 02:52:39 am »
more useful for the segment percentages to be just for those that traveled the route instead of all travelers.
This.
Yes, fix the values.

Would really love to see this be fixed soon... Thanks!

The percentages used to represent the percentage of people who have traveled the route; it was only recently that it got changed to all users in TM. I really prefer it the way it was before because showing the percentage of all TM users is less useful IMO.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 09:01:40 am »
I agree with compdude.  There is no reason for this to track percentages for all users because someone like michih, who has a slim chance of traveling most routes in the US, gets tracked if doing all users just like all of us in the US.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 09:17:12 am »
Thirded.