Author Topic: WA: I-90BL Spokane Valley, not in our HB  (Read 1966 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:03:34 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
WA: I-90BL Spokane Valley, not in our HB
« on: July 24, 2016, 02:17:49 am »
A few days ago, passing through Spokane, I noticed and drove an Interstate business route through Spokane Valley, east of Spokane, we don't have in our HB. This is different from the old BL through Spokane, which was in CHM's HB but removed after signage for it disappeared from I-90 (and it's still gone). This new BL is well-signed both on I-90 and along the route itself.

The Spokane Valley BL starts at I-90 exit 285, as a couplet of two one-way roads. Sprague Ave. and Appleway Blvd. It continues east to University Rd., where Appleway ends and turns north to meet Sprague. The BL continues east on Spraque (now two-way) to Appleway Ave. and Barker Rd., where the BL turns briefly north to end at I-90 exit 293. An end sign on eastbound Appleway at Barker, and GMSV of westbound I-90, confirms that the east end of the BL is at exit 293, rather than the perhaps more logical exit 294.

There is discussion of the Spokane Valley BL on the AARoads forum, consistent with the above description.

I can add the route to the HB, throwing it onto my TM "to do" list for when I return home in the next few days (not quite there yet), since we don't have a regular maintainer for Washington state.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:03:34 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: WA: I-90BL Spokane Valley, not in our HB
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 03:09:01 pm »
Updates in the HB.