Author Topic: MA: MA1A/22/127 in Beverly  (Read 2086 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
MA: MA1A/22/127 in Beverly
« on: May 08, 2018, 09:23:19 pm »
Something I noticed today:  MA 127 is fully signed as using Stone St in Beverly between MA 22/Cabot St and Lothrop St instead of Water St.  If this is legit, this will require fixes to both the MA 22 and MA 127 lists...defintely a point at the Cabot St/Stone St intersection, and MA 127 could probably use a point at the Stone St/Lothrop St intersection as well in that case.

Whether 22 and 127 are concurrent between MA 1A and Stone St is another story.  OSM shows such.  Signage is contradictory on that particular matter.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: MA: MA1A/22/127 in Beverly
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:06:54 am »
MA 127 is fully signed as using Stone St in Beverly between MA 22/Cabot St and Lothrop St instead of Water St.  If this is legit, this will require fixes to both the MA 22 and MA 127 lists
Shapefiles agree; this is legit.

MA 127 could probably use a point at the Stone St/Lothrop St intersection as well in that case.
Agreed, as a "pivot waypoint" for a newsworthy relocation if nothing else.

Whether 22 and 127 are concurrent between MA 1A and Stone St is another story.  OSM shows such.  Signage is contradictory on that particular matter.
Per shapefiles, for the first segment of MA127/Stone St, From_Measu = -0.000000030000000. Milepost... roughly 3/16". A bit odd; perhaps that's some kind of rounding/floating point/computational/etc. error. Interestingly, I looked at a handful of other routes, and all begin at -0.000000030000000. So let's call it zero. The "TO 127"s have it.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 02:42:00 pm »
Quote from: froggie
signed as using Stone St in Beverly between MA 22/Cabot St and Lothrop St instead of Water St.
Looking at this some more, this may be what's already in the HB, despite what Google shows for MA127.
MA routes were drafted to keep the trace within tolerance, but not necessarily faithfully follow all the turns within urban areas.
What we see on MA127 could be a case of the confusion that sometimes results, making it hard to see the exact route.
MA127 does start at the MA22 point on MA1A after all, and not a separate point at Water St.
OTOH, it could be that Jim decided that these points were close enough and collapsed them together when drafting usama all those years ago. *Shrug*

Not that any of this matters; I still agree that the changes need to be made. :)
If nothing else, a 22/127 multiplex split point had been missing all that time.

Quote from: yakra
as a "pivot waypoint" for a newsworthy relocation if nothing else.
I no longer consider this a newsworthy relocation, as the HB trace can be interpreted to already support a routing via Stone St.
Newsworthy truncation? I don't wanna bother with that -- +MA1A/22 can be retained as an AltLabel for the new MA22 endpoint, no .lists are broken, and life goes on.
I still agree that a point at Stone & Lothrop is worthwhile: it helps clarify the alignment in the area, and who knows, someone may even use it to access the harbor/marina area.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 02:59:38 pm »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/1988

Along for the ride: Tweaks to the MA22 couplet at MA62, to handle it a bit more like VT30 & VT125 in Middlebury.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 11:33:54 pm »
Quote from: froggie
signed as using Stone St in Beverly between MA 22/Cabot St and Lothrop St instead of Water St.
Looking at this some more, this may be what's already in the HB, despite what Google shows for MA127.

It wasn't.  I took a VERY detailed/zoomed in look at the HB while I was in Beverly.

If nothing else, a 22/127 multiplex split point had been missing all that time.

Which was the main point for me bringing this up.