User Discussions > Other Discussion

Do we need newsworthy update entries if there is no traveler around?

(1/3) > >>

michih:
When there are newsworthy changes to routes of active system, we always add an Update entry.
With the latest modifications to HDX, our highway data managers are now able to check if anyone has traveled the relevant region around the change. If there is no traveler, do we need the update entry nonetheless?

I've sometimes not added entries, e.g. moving B51 onto the new Belm bypass in Lower Saxony, where I was the only traveler on the old route.
@panda80 has recently omitted an update entry for DN56C truncation in Romania for the same reason. He has added it meanwhile though.

Should we always add all newsworthy entries or can we omit them when no one traveled there?

yakra:
I think it's good to have the historical info available for major changes like a relocation, extension, or truncation.

If it's just a waypoint being renamed due to a relocation, I'll only include an entry if the affected waypoint label is in use.

Markkos1992:
I agree with yakra on this.

Jim:
I'd say use your judgement.  Earlier in the project, we still had a good number of CHM people finding us, and it was good to have the info there for their benefit.  It's nice to have the info recorded when significant, but keep in mind we have the GitHub history as well.

yakra:
I'd consider the GitHub history more of a "power user" option though. It can take a bit of digging to find out what happened, when and how.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version