Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Overall Stats Ranking

(1/1)

bejacob:
Curious if there is any plan to change the TBD on the ranking of the overall stats part of the page. Not something that matters as I would consider it a low priority. Just wondering.

yakra:
There's been a GitHub issue for some time now. It pops back up in discussion every now again, but making a fix never seems to gain much traction.

--- Quote from: Thing342 ---FYI: doing this only from the web side results in massive queries that take awhile to process.
--- End quote ---
Doesn't seem to me this should matter too much, at least in the case of a "Distance Traveled" ranking; we already use a query to get that very same info on http://travelmapping.net/stat.php

yakra:
I see what Thing342 means now. The query I'm using takes 1.3s, compared with 0.16s for the next slowest I saw, with everything else < 0.1s.
Double that, for one active & one active+preview query, and ouch.

I'll leave this on my own mirror of the site, maybe even make a commit to a separate branch, but not open a pull request just yet.
Eventually I may look into extra tables that can be created during the site update process to speed up the queries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version