Author Topic: Texas systems  (Read 1865 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:15:10 am
Re: Texas systems
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 04:11:23 pm »
@Jim, I agree but there is no Select Numbered Freeway system in Canada nor Europe.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:25:40 am
Re: Texas systems
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 06:58:53 pm »
I wouldn't mind combining usasf and usansf into a usasr
I wouldn't factor usansf too heavily into such a decision. I prefer to keep it in its current status as a moribund system intended to eventually delete once its routes are shipped out to their respective state systems. Once usaar, usaga, usala, usaps, are promoted preview->active, there'd be a total of 5 routes left, 4 in AL (froggie now has usaal in development) and 1 in MS. Relatively speaking, usansf isn't much longer for this world.

One could say it opens new cans of worms about what is worthy of inclusion
Yup. I'll say that. :) Hence I hesitate to relax criteria for inclusion from what they already are. That said, though...

Or just put it in usasf; there are other partial freeways like GW Parkway in there.
To quibble on a technicality: VA GeoWasPkwy (the one in the usasf set) Ends at Marina Drive, so the non-freeway portion isn't included in usasf. VA GWMemPkwyCry (the one in the usanp set) goes south of there.
Nonetheless, the point stands: there are other partial freeways in usasf.
TX PA1502 would bend the rules of being a freeway about as much as... the at-grade portion is a bit longer than IN VetMemPkwy, a bit shorter than TN SamCooBlvd. On the downside, there's also a number of private business entrances.
The problem of the disappearing signage (along with a longer section of at-grade hijinks) at the west end is still an issue.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:01:10 pm by yakra »