Author Topic: cannf: Canada Select Named Freeways  (Read 11558 times)

Offline julmac

• Last Login:October 06, 2019, 01:49:32 am
Re: cannf: Canada Select Named Freeways
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2019, 01:22:50 am »
Note, however, that the guide plans are from 2015. More recent drone footage (around 7:05) indicates that a guide sign already erected seems to show the bypassed part of old TCH 1 as part of a numbered provincial route, probably SK 11. So the plans might've changed since then. We'll know more later this year when the Bypass is completed, or when the project team sends out another drone (hope this time they send it counter-clockwise around Regina, to catch as-built signage on the western bypass leg approaching the TCH 1 junction), or maybe sooner if julmac can do some field-checking next time he's in Regina.

The sign at 7:05 is on the west leg. Rotary Ave is the Transportation Hub access south of Dewdney Ave (SK730).

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:14:47 pm
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2019, 03:10:19 am »
ON RedHillPkwy: LinMAPkwy -> LinAlePkwy
ON LinAlePkwy: RHillVPkwy -> RedHillPkwy

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 07:05:19 am
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2019, 05:25:50 am »
ON RedHillPkwy: LinMAPkwy -> LinAlePkwy
ON LinAlePkwy: RHillVPkwy -> RedHillPkwy

Fixed. https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/3178

Also seems the Don Valley Parkway has gained exit numbers too.  Noticed them on OSM, and confirmed them 1-by-1 in StreetView.  However, one exit (that has an off-ramp) didn't gain a number, which was the ON-401/404 interchange (404 counterpart does have a #, but only from the HOV lanes).  So, 'both' copies of the DVP will get an update.

I've also finally pushed a cleaned up Allen Road file for the site based on previous discussion.

on.garexpy
The easternmost segment, beyond DonValPkwy, looks a bit off to me. Are we sure the route ends here, and that this shouldn't be considered a ramp?

As far as I understand, it's still considered as part of the Gardiner, especially since the route used to go all the way Leslie Street prior to 2001.

However, with the recent addition of exit numbers along the route (continuing the QEW numbering), this 'ramp' got #157, not the DVP side.  However, I haven't seen pictures yet to confirm that's exactly what happened with the numbering right there.

Getting back to this thing about the Gardiner, there is this "End Expressway" sign beyond they Don Valley Parkway, which kinda backs me up on keeping it, but the signage at the gore point does indicate it's Exit #157 (fun that it mentions ON-2, which doesn't exist there anymore).

So, I honestly could go either way at this point.