Author Topic: usaal: Alabama State Routes  (Read 11607 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:29:48 pm
Re: usaal: Alabama State Routes
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2019, 02:57:00 pm »
The ones that do not get flagged is part of why I have been doing an overhaul of the routes in PA and DE.  I still have not touched HDX to this point.

Well, we use the nmp files for exactly this! HDX is used to visualize the NMPs. If there are unintended NMPs even more apart... I think Jim has offered to change the threshold to any desired value. E.g. creating al.nmp with a different threshold just for the check. It's surely quicker checking these point only instead of checking all points.

However, when I review a system, I check NMP file in HDX first, and do another round with checking that all "links" are indicated in HB. Checking all labels of all routes which should have links, that they really have them. If not, coordinates are different and are usually NMPs just with a bigger distance than our standard threshold. In addition, I use this manual check to figure out that the label names are complete - e.g. in case of more than one intersecting route.

There are many way. Just do it the way you think it's the best for you!

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:35:30 pm
Re: usaal: Alabama State Routes
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2019, 08:33:56 pm »
I think Jim has offered to change the threshold to any desired value. E.g. creating al.nmp with a different threshold just for the check.
Another possiblity is adding a commandline argument to use a custom threshold.