Author Topic: NY: LaSalle Expressway  (Read 1039 times)

Offline cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 06:30:11 pm
NY: LaSalle Expressway
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:48:06 pm »
Being as it's not part of Select Named Freeways, could we add the LaSalle Expressway into the system as a parkway? The road is signed with a parkway-like shield and is longer than some parkways and several other "select named freeways". With the introduction of usanyp, the LaSalle Expressway is by far the longest limited-access road in the state that is not in Travel Mapping.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:05:25 pm
Re: NY: LaSalle Expressway
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 01:18:19 pm »
I've been thinking of adding that into the Select Named Freeways set.
I was going to hold off until the after the parkways in that set were moved over to usanyp upon its activation, but there's really no reason I can't do this now.
Edit: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2140
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 04:37:33 pm by yakra »

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:December 07, 2019, 06:14:53 pm
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 03:16:02 pm »
Interesting how it's routed... I always thought of it as going to I-190 rather than the NSP (actually, I tend to think of that piece as the NSP).  I wonder why the reference route was set up that way, especially given the original plans to extend it to the Rainbow Bridge.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:December 07, 2019, 06:14:53 pm
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 05:38:23 pm »
Interesting how it's routed... I always thought of it as going to I-190 rather than the NSP (actually, I tend to think of that piece as the NSP).  I wonder why the reference route was set up that way, especially given the original plans to extend it to the Rainbow Bridge.
Revisiting this since I was looking at the area in street view today, although the reference routes are set as currently entered, it's essentially signed as the LaSalle going to I-190 at exit 21A and the Niagara Scenic Parkway extending to meet the LaSalle there, with mile 0 being just south of the interchange with the I-190(21A) point.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:08:48 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 10:19:55 am »
Is there anything still open?