Author Topic: Morocco Route Nationale (marn)  (Read 95 times)

Online panda80

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:01:50 am
Morocco Route Nationale (marn)
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:23:06 am »
I've drafted a first version for the national road network of Morocco. michih had some observations, I will upload the files to github after I will implement them, probably this week.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:00:30 pm
Re: Morocco Route Nationale (marn)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 01:29:17 pm »
As mentioned here I'm not sure about the "correct" system name.

The active mara system is called Morocco Autoroutes (French).
Si has called it Morocco National Roads in the master thread and I've also called marn Morocco National Roads (English) in systems.csv

However, I think panda is right to call it "Morocco Route Nationale" (which should be Morocco Routes Nationales though) to be consistent with mara.
Or should we rename mara to Morocco Motorways?

Thoughts?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:36:39 pm »
N1:

BlvdMoulSoul --> BlvdMouSou

BlvdMoulRach --> BlvdMouRac

RouHaou --> RouHao

AveMoh --> AveMohV

AveMoulRach --> AveMouRac

BlvdRes --> BlvdRes_N or AveForRoy

BlvdYouTach --> BlvdYouTac

BlvdMohZer --> BlvdMohZer_W

BarrEstOue --> BarEstOue

BlvdMar : What's your source?

AveHas --> AveHasII

Please check the other routes more thorough, not just quick.

@ALL: Are AveHasII and AveMoh fine?
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=27.162266&lon=-13.204150
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=34.040512&lon=-6.816013
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:40:42 pm by michih »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 04:15:22 pm »
N1A:
Fine

N1B:

BlvdMoh --> BlvdMohV

N2:

Another GSJ directly east of GareTanMor

Move R417 to the center of the roundabout

BniBou : Street name, not name of the town

AveMoh --> AveMohV

Move P6204 to the roundabout. You might call it P6204_S and add P6204_N but never position the wp in-between in situations like this http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=34.939418&lon=-2.739930

P6010/P6011 --> P6010

Delete +X53

Move +X20 to the north, e.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=35.047383&lon=-5.020827

N3:
Fine

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:30:51 am
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:57:53 am »
N1 - need a border point (and file split) MAR/ESH just south of Tah as southern part of the route is in Western Sahara, which we're treating as part of Morocco the country, but not Morocco the region.

Also the Mauritania border is the line just to the south - the one you have the point at is the cease-fire line between Moroccan-controlled Western Sahara and SADR-controlled Western Sahara.

And I'm not sure the road actually arrives at that border - either it ends where Moroccan control ends (as you have it, though it would need renaming something like "PosFroGue" for Poste Frontiere El Guerguarat) or it goes nearly to the border before heading down the peninsular to Al-Kuwira.

Online panda80

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:47:34 am »
N1 - need a border point (and file split) MAR/ESH just south of Tah as southern part of the route is in Western Sahara, which we're treating as part of Morocco the country, but not Morocco the region.

Also the Mauritania border is the line just to the south - the one you have the point at is the cease-fire line between Moroccan-controlled Western Sahara and SADR-controlled Western Sahara.

And I'm not sure the road actually arrives at that border - either it ends where Moroccan control ends (as you have it, though it would need renaming something like "PosFroGue" for Poste Frontiere El Guerguarat) or it goes nearly to the border before heading down the peninsular to Al-Kuwira.

So basically we will have Morocco as country with 2 regions, Morocco and Western Sahara? The ESH part will be then esh.n001? Regarding the end point I wasn't sure, wikipedia gives Guerguarat, OSM Al-Kuwira. I decided for the first, seeing that there is a border check at Guerguarat. I hope to upload today the rest of the files and then I will implement your corrections.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:30:51 am
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 12:07:21 pm »
So basically we will have Morocco as country with 2 regions, Morocco and Western Sahara? The ESH part will be then esh.n001?
Yep.

Online panda80

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #7 on: Today at 03:07:30 am »
BlvdMar : What's your source?

Gmaps, the name seems to be Boulevard de la Marine.
After more reading about the West Sahara politics, I think it's better to prolongate N1 until Al-Kuwira. Otherways we have to make 3 regions: Morocco, Morocco controlled West Sahara and Polisario-controlled West Sahara, which is maybe too much. I will also accordingly adapt the other highways that go through West Sahara.

N2:
Another GSJ directly east of GareTanMor

What is a GSJ? You mean a new WP at the next exit, east of the bridge over the railway?
« Last Edit: Today at 04:41:17 am by panda80 »