Author Topic: New Travels and Stats Discussion  (Read 38009 times)

Offline dave1693

• Last Login:June 10, 2019, 05:40:37 pm
Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Reply #285 on: June 10, 2019, 05:40:37 pm »
Memorial Day weekend we went to a friends' wedding celebration. (The actual wedding had been done privately several months before, long story.) The party took place at Knoebels, which is between Elysburg and Catawissa PA and is one of the last free-admission pay-per-ride amusement parks. The following weekend I went to Hagerstown MD to see a bunch of old friends, and this past weekend I had a meeting and a high school graduation party down in the DC FedroSplat. I didn't drive any new routes in MD or VA, but got some new mileage on PA state routes.

Newly clinched routes: PA183 (finally).

New segments: PA54, PA74, PA125, PA233, PA443, PA533, PA696, PA944, PA997.

I've got a couple more high school graduations between now and the 4th of July, so my next update will probably be some time around then.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:01:01 pm
« Reply #286 on: June 11, 2019, 08:02:29 pm »
I recently had the opportunity to work for a week in Cincinnati, about 2 hours away from home. So I headed down on a Saturday morning, leaving at 1 am and arriving a little before 9 pm. On the way, I clinched Louisville (all highways inside the Gene Snyder Freeway), and it appears I'm the first to do that. The fried-chicken-on-a-doughnut at Hi-Five Doughnuts was a decent breakfast but not ideal for eating while driving. The job and after-work activities left little time for exploring during the week (if the travelling No Spectators: The Art of Burning Man comes to your town, see it) but I managed to get away for two short 3-4 hour evening drives to clinch a few more usaky routes along I-71. Work wrapped up late on Saturday, so I couldn't leave for home until 5 am Sunday, but that allowed me a chance to sample some more conventional donuts in Maysville and miss out on a locally-famous drive-in in Lexington that feels the need to close on the Lord's Day. Got home around 7:30 pm.

Overall I added almost 700 new miles of usaky, lengthened my .list by 76 lines, and clinched 89 routes, most of which were about 2 miles long, or looked like this.
Clinched:

Offline Eth

• Last Login:Yesterday at 04:06:16 pm
« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2019, 10:30:16 pm »
Took my first trip to Washington state this past weekend to (among other things) run the marathon in Seattle on Sunday. Picked up a modest 60 miles of mappable travels there, mostly by car, but some on foot during the race:

I-5 (165 to 169 on foot, 169 to 186 by car)
I-90 (between I-5 and I-405, all by car)
I-405 (north of I-90, all by car)
WA 99 (Green Lake to Harrison Street on foot, south from there to the West Seattle Bridge by car)
WA 525 (I-5 to a bit north of WA 99, all by car)
West Seattle Bridge (west of WA 99, all by car)