Highway Data Discussion > Completed Highway Systems Threads

jpne: Japan Expressways

(1/11) > >>

yakra:
E6: 9-1(Job)-> 9(Job) / X659146 -> 9-1(Job)
E9: Not sure if the E88 concurrency is a thing. Kyoto Tramway Expressway / Gyeonggi bypass / But then again... Wikipedia?
E13: looks like it should end at the point currently labeled ToN107, based on mileage figures from [link]
E17: X299608 -> 17-1

si404:
This system has been updated and is ready for review

michih:
I'll do the review once the English routes of gbnb will be done.

michih:
Since no specific source is indicated I assume that wikipedia is the source.
The box at bottom does not indicate E16, E31, E82, E83, E84, E85, E88, E89, E90, E91, E92, E93, E94, E96 and E98. The article seems to be outdated  :(
The urban expressways from wikipedia are not in HB (I didn't check all).

First look what is missing in HB:
- There is a E1A north of Osaka from E2/E2A junction to the east.
- Just south of it is a route indicated being "7".

Both are indicated on OSM and GM with green shields like the other routes.

"7" has a different shield on GM and GSV.
Another example that the rectangle green signs seem to be the criteria.
Also here.
However, the E1A missing in HB has the correct(?) rectangle shield.

The national highways have a blue shield.

The expressways around Osaka like "7" with the other green shield seem to belong to Hanshin expressways - one of the "urban expressways" (which are networks).

=====================

Is E1A missing on purpose?
Is the rectangle shield the criteria for routes to be included?
What's the exact reason that we exclude the other expressways indicated with the different green shield? Should we rename the system to "Japan National Expressways" (and add the additional urban expressway systems for the other networks anywhere down the road)?

si404:

--- Quote from: michih on May 24, 2020, 04:51:44 am ---Is E1A missing on purpose?
--- End quote ---
Of course not. You'll note that there isn't a junction at the E1 - there would be if it was deliberate. When I drafted the system it wasn't open. When I went back to look for routes, it got buried in the all urban expressways and mapped-as-expressways-but-aren't-formally-such around it.
--- Quote ---Is the rectangle shield the criteria for routes to be included?
--- End quote ---
Not really. It was more that the shield rather than a prefix excluded the urban ones.

--- Quote ---What's the exact reason that we exclude the other expressways indicated with the different green shield? Should we rename the system to "Japan National Expressways" (and add the additional urban expressway systems for the other networks anywhere down the road)?
--- End quote ---
Because they are not part of this system, but their own ones. We'll call the system a latinised version of the Japanese.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version