Author Topic: zafr: South Africa Main Provincial Roads  (Read 7480 times)

Offline shiggins

• Last Login:Yesterday at 11:00:20 pm
Re: zafr: South Africa Main Provincial Roads
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 10:17:43 pm »
I have checked all the major additions and realignments you added, along with R76:

R23 (northern extension): No issues.
R25 (western extension): No issues.
R33 (Vryheid bypass): No issues.
R34 (Vryheid bypass):
P289_S: This point was erroneously changed from P289.
WesSt: Should be WestSt.
R36 (Tzaneen): No issues.
R43 (Hermanus): No issues.
R45 (Vredenburg bypass):
R399: While I think it likely that R399 will be extended south to this point, R399 is not signed south of Vredenburg on the most recent GMSV, so this point should probably be renamed.
R56 (northeastern extension):
R103_N: Should be AleRd_N, and a new R103_N point should be added to the south at French Road. According to the RDDA, R103 follows French/Camps Drift Road, Edendale Road (now Moses Mabhida Road), Keate Street (I don’t know for sure which street used to be Keate, but it’s presumably Pine Street.), Victoria Road, and Howick Road through Pietermaritzburg, and the very limited signage I can find for R103 seems to confirm this. R103 is signed going southeast on Camps Drift Road at Moses Mabhida Road. R103 is signed heading northwest, southwest, and southeast from the intersection of Victoria, Chief Albert Luthuli, and Howick, but the only sign added at that intersection since 2013 says R103 goes southwest on Victoria and replaced a sign that did not mention R103.
R57Hei:
ChuSt: Should be KerkSt. “Kerk” is left intentionally untranslated on this sign that is otherwise in English.
R69 (Vryheid bypass): No issues.
R76:
+X450561: Could be replaced by a point at S83/Krige Street.
+X469477: Could be replaced by a visible point at S1108.
+X973577: Could be replaced by a visible point at S730.
You could break up a 27.70-mile stretch with no visible points by adding one at S166/S202.
Ste: Should be VanRieSt.

I also noticed a typo in a new point on R31: C3403→D3403.

I have not gone back and rechecked every single minor fix you made, but I think the system is ready to be promoted to active after these last few items are addressed. Any remaining errors which we have both missed are probably just incorrect point names or due to signage ambiguity. The former won't affect anybody's ability to accurately map their travels, and there's not much we can do about the latter.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:54:28 pm by shiggins »