Highway Data Discussion > Completed Highway Systems Threads

usaga: Georgia State Highways

<< < (2/63) > >>

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: yakra on May 13, 2016, 11:05:24 am ---GA17Con:

--- Quote ---- For bannered routes that I could not easily associate with a location, I left the city and abbreviation fields blank.
--- End quote ---
I don't think it's ever been done to have a bannered route without a City Or Abbrev. For my two cents I'm just more comfortable following precedent here, even if the results are imperfect names, somewhere the route doesn't pass through, etc.
Some possibilities include Autney or Warren County...

Interested to hear other CHM/TM veterans' take on this subject as well.

--- End quote ---

I-69 Future in KY at first had no 'City/Abbrev' till a segment in the middle became a full Interstate.

yakra:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 13, 2016, 09:46:44 pm ---I-69 Future in KY at first had no 'City/Abbrev' till a segment in the middle became a full Interstate.
--- End quote ---
And now, it has a city, but still no abbrev.
Were there ever any US Highway examples? State highways?

si404:
When (10 years ago?!?) Tim made the gbnm and gbnam files, he put abbreviations on the M6 Toll and the Ax(M) routes (despite, other than the A1(M), they were unique). When we moved to TM, I stripped them off as it was unnecessary filler - because they aren't bannered routes and shouldn't have been treated as such.

KY I-69 always seemed to not have a city field mostly as it covered the whole state.

yakra:

--- Quote from: si404 on May 14, 2016, 05:41:43 am ---When (10 years ago?!?) Tim made the gbnm and gbnam files, he put abbreviations on the M6 Toll and the Ax(M) routes (despite, other than the A1(M), they were unique). When we moved to TM, I stripped them off as it was unnecessary filler - because they aren't bannered routes and shouldn't have been treated as such.
--- End quote ---
Not very familiar with the UK, and have spent very little time looking at it, but I agree with what you did.

--- Quote ---KY I-69 always seemed to not have a city field mostly as it covered the whole state.
--- End quote ---
I looked over the CHM hwyupdates page last night, and there used to be another KY I-69Fut once upon a time. So there was one with, and one without, an abbrev. Looking again, apparently there was just the original I-69Fut; I-69FutMad was added later. So it doesn't appear to have been purposefully following the state hwy "One vanilla, rest with Abbrevs" convention (E.G. ME113, ME113Fry, etc.). Maybe when USAIF was first created, it wasn't foreseen that there'd be more than one Future Interstate segment with a given number within a state. I dunno man, I didn't do it.

theFXexpert:
The update last night now includes All of the 300 series routes plus two GA6 business routes that I missed.
240 / 479 (50.1%) wpts are now plotted.
200 series routes are next.

--- Quote from: yakra on May 13, 2016, 11:05:24 am ---GA17Con:
I don't think it's ever been done to have a bannered route without a City Or Abbrev. For my two cents I'm just more comfortable following precedent here, even if the results are imperfect names, somewhere the route doesn't pass through, etc.
Some possibilities include Autney or Warren County...

Interested to hear other CHM/TM veterans' take on this subject as well.

--- End quote ---
Looking at Google satellite imagery, It doesn't look like there is anything where the Autney lable is. I am open to using county names though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version