Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

African international systems thread

<< < (5/5)

si404:

--- Quote from: michih on January 21, 2019, 01:04:26 pm ---If the entire international route systems are unsigned but drafted, does it mean that we can add other totally unsigned systems  too? Systems which only exist on maps? Like the potential tier 5 systems for Hungary or Croatia?
--- End quote ---
There's a large difference here - the international route systems are looking at being signed in the future, unlike Hungary and Croatia tier 5 systems.

And certainly, until they are signed, these systems aren't going to be activated. Their main purpose in being included is to give an 'in' to countries we wouldn't have otherwise bothered with - they might even be removed if plans to sign them don't happen and they are able to be replaced by national systems (which mostly they are concurrent with).

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on March 04, 2019, 11:42:42 am ---
--- Quote from: michih on January 21, 2019, 01:04:26 pm ---If the entire international route systems are unsigned but drafted, does it mean that we can add other totally unsigned systems  too? Systems which only exist on maps? Like the potential tier 5 systems for Hungary or Croatia?
--- End quote ---
There's a large difference here - the international route systems are looking at being signed in the future, unlike Hungary and Croatia tier 5 systems.
--- End quote ---

What's the indication of it?

When have the African international routes been defined  / agreed? Recently?

--- Quote from: si404 on March 04, 2019, 11:42:42 am ---And certainly, until they are signed, these systems aren't going to be activated.
--- End quote ---

Ok, haven't known. Fine with me.

--- Quote from: si404 on March 04, 2019, 11:42:42 am ---Their main purpose in being included is to give an 'in' to countries we wouldn't have otherwise bothered with - they might even be removed if plans to sign them don't happen and they are able to be replaced by national systems (which mostly they are concurrent with).
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

michih:
Similar to previous questions: What's the story behind the afrrtr - SADC Regional Trunk Roads system? Who has defined them? Are they signed?

si404:

--- Quote from: michih on May 18, 2022, 03:16:27 pm ---Similar to previous questions: What's the story behind the afrrtr - SADC Regional Trunk Roads system? Who has defined them?
--- End quote ---
Read the thread. Or this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SADC_Regional_Trunk_Road_Network

--- Quote ---Are they signed?
--- End quote ---
I don't think so, but they've designed how signing them would look and seem to be planning on doing so.

They are staying on preview for now. They may disappear if I ever get round to finishing Angola and DRC's national networks. Or they may have a review requested if they start being signed.

michih:
Thanks. Fine to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version