Author Topic: itass: Italy Strade Statali  (Read 106695 times)

Offline Spinoza

• Last Login:January 24, 2024, 04:46:23 am
itass: Italy Strade Statali
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:19:36 am »
Hi,
if you'll ever want to implement Italian Strada Statale (SS) network into the site, ANAS (State owned managing company) has released its complete registry:

http://www.stradeanas.it/it/le-strade/anas-regione

It is divided by region and it shows all the roads currently nominated SS.

Edited to pluralise name of system
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 04:54:51 am by si404 »

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:03:23 pm
Re: Italy strada statale SS network
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:44:50 am »
Excellent, thanks.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
Re: Italy Strada Statale (itass)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:35:43 pm »
@Spinoza: We currently work on splitting some European regions like it's already done for USA, Canada, China, Mexico,... The first step is splitting Spain, then Germany, so that we can add the next tier 5 level systems afterwards. We will break user list files once this will go live. For that reason, I think we should make all splits at once. I think if we ever wanna add the next Italian system - I guess it's SP -, I think we also have to spilt Italy into regions. For that reason, it's fine, that ANAS has divided the map into regions. Is there also any info about SP routes? Generally, what do you think about adding them somewhere down the road (2018, 2019, 2020,...)?

Sorry, again, I just wanna do the split action only once to bother our users only once....

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 02:04:04 pm »
I think if we ever wanna add the next Italian system - I guess it's SP -, I think we also have to spilt Italy into regions. For that reason, it's fine, that ANAS has divided the map into regions. Is there also any info about SP routes? Generally, what do you think about adding them somewhere down the road (2018, 2019, 2020,...)?
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strada_regionale - It's SR (though they seem rare). SP are another layer down!

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 05:31:05 am »
@Spinoza: We currently work on splitting some European regions like it's already done for USA, Canada, China, Mexico,... The first step is splitting Spain, then Germany, so that we can add the next tier 5 level systems afterwards. We will break user list files once this will go live. For that reason, I think we should make all splits at once. I think if we ever wanna add the next Italian system - I guess it's SP -, I think we also have to spilt Italy into regions. For that reason, it's fine, that ANAS has divided the map into regions. Is there also any info about SP routes? Generally, what do you think about adding them somewhere down the road (2018, 2019, 2020,...)?

Sorry, again, I just wanna do the split action only once to bother our users only once....

si404 is right, SR is between SS and SP, but to make things worse, they are not present in all the Italian regions. The only regions to allow such denomination are Abruzzo, Umbria, Toscana, Lazio, Piemonte, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Veneto and Puglia.

Another layer of complication, due to the particular legal status of Provinces Trento and Bolzano/Südtirol (which have simultaneous rights of provinces, regions and state), the SS are managed by the provinces but retain their original SS denomination.

As for provincial roads (SP) it should be easy to find out the former SS which are now managed by provinces... but the original SP, which have never been SS, are somewhat harder to identify. I guess some provinces mantain a comprehensive list of them, some others don't...

Italy's a mess...

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 11:37:49 am »
Another layer of complication, due to the particular legal status of Provinces Trento and Bolzano/Südtirol (which have simultaneous rights of provinces, regions and state), the SS are managed by the provinces but retain their original SS denomination.
As for provincial roads (SP) it should be easy to find out the former SS which are now managed by provinces... but the original SP, which have never been SS, are somewhat harder to identify. I guess some provinces mantain a comprehensive list of them, some others don't...

Do you think it would be easier to split Italy into regions (= provinces)?

This way we could:
- Add SP or SR routes depending on the province
- Draft provinces which have data published and omit other provinces (first)
- Bypass the Trentino-Alto Adige "issue"

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 07:59:17 am »
If we want to split Italy into subdivisions, I think that street-wise provinces are more interesting than regions but I guess we should use both layers.

Do you think it would be easier to split Italy into regions (= provinces)?

This way we could:
- Add SP or SR routes depending on the province
- Draft provinces which have data published and omit other provinces (first)
- Bypass the Trentino-Alto Adige "issue"

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 11:51:12 am »
The ISO 3166-2 code for the 20 regions is using numbers instead of characters though, e.g. IT-32 for Trentino-Alto Adige.

Characters are only used for the 110 provinces, e.g. IT-AG, but I think that's not the way we should go.

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 05:10:14 am »
The ISO 3166-2 code for the 20 regions is using numbers instead of characters though, e.g. IT-32 for Trentino-Alto Adige.

Characters are only used for the 110 provinces, e.g. IT-AG, but I think that's not the way we should go.

Why not?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 06:37:31 am »
Why not?

Why not IT-32 or why not 110 provinces?

I think the cryptic code with numbers is not user-friendly.

No need to think about regions or provinces now because Si has decided that we don't split Italy now:

I'm not going to split Italy - looking at how dense the SS roads are (and how they are hard work), I have no plans for itasr - we can always split it at some point in the distant future if necessary.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 01:16:56 pm »
I've got Sardinia drafted, and have begun work on Sicilian routes.

I've fudged some of the places where routes disappear either side of a town, but there's an applied route. However I've kept places where a route is fragmented due to changing number (eg SS125/SS125Var) - in part to highlight how annoying the Italian numbering system can be!

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 12:46:25 pm »

I thought you meant your are not going to use the province codes.
I agree you shouldn't use numbers for regions... there are already unofficial three-letter codes there are sometimes used (e.g. SAR for Sardinia, TAA for Trentino Alto Adige, MAR for Marches and so on...)

Why not?

Why not IT-32 or why not 110 provinces?

I think the cryptic code with numbers is not user-friendly.

No need to think about regions or provinces now because Si has decided that we don't split Italy now:

I'm not going to split Italy - looking at how dense the SS roads are (and how they are hard work), I have no plans for itasr - we can always split it at some point in the distant future if necessary.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 10:55:13 am »
First patch of routes from the south is available now: http://tm.teresco.org/hb/index.php?sys=itass :)

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 04:20:03 am »
I now have almost routes south of Rome done, as well as routes in the NW and far NE.

Offline cinx

• Last Login:November 18, 2019, 09:00:14 am
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 03:09:19 pm »
Great job guys. I can hardly wait to add some new clinched roads :D