Author Topic: usatxs: Texas State Highway Spurs  (Read 10337 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
usatxs: Texas State Highway Spurs
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:41:41 pm »
This system is almost ready to activate.
Prior discussion on AARoads

The only issue that I'm aware of that needs further discussion is the east end of TXSpr303:
Quote from: yakra on November 08, 2015, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: NE2 on November 06, 2015, 04:07:20 PM
Spur 303 west segment east end is at 14th Street, not Belt Line Road.
Hm. Looks like I was going by what's on the Statewide Planning Map. There's no signage for it at, or heading west from, 14th. However, signage at Belt Line (FM1382) unambiguously shows it extending east. Rereading the designation file, I'd say it agrees with your description. Tossing one more source of info into the mix, the grid map has it ending at FM1382. Discuss.
I'll start the discussion: Based on the precedent of AB AB11ASyl (now AB11ARed), and NS NS4Bib (nor part of NS4NGl), I'm inclined to leave the end where it is, at FM1382. Any other opinions?

Seeking public comment & peer review on this system.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
Re: usatxs: Texas State Highway Spurs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 01:44:22 am »
This system is pretty much ready to go live. I'm confident that NE2's review on AARoads was a very thorough one. That said, it's still not undergone any systematic review from a CHM/TM veteran to get "standards" stuff such as waypoint labels, placement, etc.
Does it need one? It's my work, so of course I think it's fine! :D
If I don't hear anything by the end of May, I'll put in a pull request to activate.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
Re: usatxs: Texas State Highway Spurs
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 07:16:52 pm »
To toss another source of info at the "indeterminus" of TXSpr303:
Shapefiles have the end at 14th St. A toll facility, "TL 0022", "Mountain Creek Lake" fills in the gap to TXSpr303Dal.
Just making note of this here; I'm not going to go ahead with any changes just yet.