Author Topic: usafl: Florida State Highways  (Read 93928 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:00:14 pm
Re: usafl: Florida State Highways
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2019, 06:55:52 am »
Going to start working thru all the previous posts over the next few weeks and address them post by post so we can hopefully get this finally activated.

However, I have at least pushed all changes related to the new FL-998, and cleaned up US-1 Alt in Jacksonville (which includes shortening FL-126 to Spring Park Road, as there's no signage for it to the East of it, and thus treating it as unsigned there & adding said point to US-1 Alt too).

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2774

I am not sure if you wanted to do anything in regards to the linked post below.

http://forum.travelmapping.net/index.php?topic=2535.msg10905#msg10905

Checking it previously, I know that FL 228 is not signed along the freeway to US 90, but should it be included in some form based on it being a freeway?

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:13:27 pm
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2019, 03:49:36 am »

Checking it previously, I know that FL 228 is not signed along the freeway to US 90, but should it be included in some form based on it being a freeway?

I don't think adding it would be a problem, as long as I add the entire "Hart Expressway" (including US-1 Alt's part), as it would be 5 miles in length.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2019, 04:15:17 am »
Some last comments on endpoints, now that I'm back home.

FL 401: North endpoint is labeled SamCPhiPkwy, for the continuation road. But at that point, that the road changes names is not obvious to travelers. What is obvious is that you've crossed the property line of a military base, with sentry stations right ahead so you need to be looking for a turnaround point before the sentries (which I found, and used). I suggest SamCPhiPkwy => CapeCanAFS.

Changed in my local copy.

FL 607: North endpoint is labeled 27thAve. That's where, if a traveler looks carefully, the road name changes from Emerson Avenue to 27th Avenue. But even a careless traveler will notice the St. Lucie/Indian River county line signs. Assuming that FL 607 ends at the county line, rather than North Blvd. or 25th St. SW, I suggest 27thAve => StLuc/IndRiv or StL/Ind.

Changed to "StL/Ind" in my local copy. *****

FL 716: West endpoint is labeled PortSLBlvd_W, even though the road doesn't change name there, which the instruction manual suggests the continuation road should not be used (in similar circumstances, when I couldn't come up with a better endpoint name, I've used "End"). But the real rub is that there is a regular (not End) FL 716 marker in each direction between that point and the next intersection west of the Turnpike, Cameo Blvd. I saw no FL 716 markers west of Cameo Blvd. Maybe CamBlvd would be the appropriate endpoint and label?

Found the 'East FL-716' shield you were referring to @ Cameo Blvd.
GIS data still says that the end is the edge of the bridges over the Turnpike.  However, because of that 'East' shield, I'm willing to extend it to Cameo Blvd due to the signage, & being a more logical end point.  Changed in my local copy.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 06:18:46 am by rickmastfan67 »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2019, 03:03:20 pm »
StL/Ind
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2019, 08:31:45 am »
A few comments/corrections:
As far as I know, as-maintained SR 7's current north end is at SR 704, despite signage continuing north. But this may have changed recently.

StreetView from June '16 does indicate 0 signs for FL-7 above FL-704.  Willing to shorten it to FL-704 till when/if any proof shows up that it is indeed signed North of there on the road itself.

SR 15 (Okeechobee)'s north end is weird due to it being a normally-unsigned route. There is reassurance at the Martin-Okeechobee county line. So maybe we should end it (and SR 700) there, which is the FDOT district boundary.

I checked around the intersection with FL-76 and couldn't find any signage for it (& FL-700).  It's weird that there's more signage for it well North of that intersection. So, you could say the signage in that district is hit-and-miss.  But I would have no problems extending both of them north to that county line.  Just figuring out what to label said point in US-98/441's files is the issue.  Guessing 'FL15/700' in the US files would work the best.

SR 15 (Orlando): GolRd -> OldGolRd, GolRdExt -> GolRd (hopefully this doesn't break anything)

Fixed.  Doesn't 'break' anything since the system is still in 'preview', and thus label changes can happen without warning and break list files since it's not required to keep a hidden label.

SR 19: CR452 (not signed here) -> LakeEusDr (this is also on SR 44 and US 441)

Fixed in all 3 files.

SR 50: HanRd should be added between US27 and CR455. This is a major Turnpike connector now that exit 278 is open. CR535 should be added between CR545 and DanRd. Maybe BluAve (former SR 439 north) between CR439 and FL408(1). FL527_S should be FL527_N. MagBlvd should be added between US17/92_N and BenRd to match SR 526 and SR 15 (Orlando). ClaSt should be moved west to CR13.

Wasn't aware a new exit has been opened on the Turnpike.  HanRd added to FL-50's file, as well as the new interchange to the Turnpike file.
CR535: Not going to add this one.  DanRd point is close enough.  Can't go around adding every single County route.  Especially since we're in an urban area right here, 2 miles is the normally recommended distance between points (unless it's routes we map or actual interchanges), and the distance currently between 'CR545' & 'DanRd' is 1.52 miles.
BluAve: Not going to add this one.  Same reasoning as CR535.
FL527_S: Staying as is, as I like to keep multiplexed routes the same label wise unless a duplicate label issue would arise.  Makes it easier to copy/paste any fixes that are needed between files.
MagBlvd: Agreed.  Added.
ClaSt: Done.  ClaSt removed, replaced with CR13 to the west.

SR 60: the west end is a bit east of the circle, but I don't remember the details. CR501 should be added between CR1 and US19.

GIS data agrees putting western end @ the western side of the bridge, first 'EB' FL-60 shield on the 'east' side of the bridge. Thus, adding a new point 'CauBlvd' at western end of the bridge as the starting point for the route.
CR501: Reasonable distance gap that it closes.  Added.

SR 84 extends a block east of US 1 (unless it's been truncated recently).

GIS data agrees, signage in the field doesn't agree (June/July '18 StreetView).  Will treat the east side 'block' as unsigned, and leave as is.

==

All changed are made in my local files at the moment.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2019, 05:16:01 am »
I think SR 102 continues west to the airport.

GIS data shows FL-102 ending at the edge of the bridge overpass of FL-243.  Can't find any shields beyond that.  Plus for the longest time, the only shield that I was aware of for the route, was this one.  And I personally know that a shield had been there since at least 1996.  However, a new 'JCT FL-102' shield was added on the new extension of FL-243.

Plus, that entire area seems to be currently being reconfigured, especially the I-95 NB on/off ramps.  Plus it also looks like that they are installing a 'Michigan Left' here.  Not too sure how it's going to work with the two service roads on either side of Airport Road.  All I know is that the Airport Road/Duval Road intersection there has always been a pain to use.

Anyways, who knows, maybe some more FL-102 shields will be on the way once all the construction in that area is done.  Either way, as it currently stands, the route will stay as-is.

Why is SR 109 split in two? The overlap with SR 115 is signed 'to', and I know similar overlaps are included in TM. If I'm not mistaken, there's actually been a reconfiguration so both directions of SR 109 now stay on the frontage road.

Oh boy, this one has always pissed me off. lol.  To be honest, I was going to have FL-109A between Cesery Blvd because of all the '109A' shields that were on it (and then this point would have been mute).  However, it seems FDOT finally decided to put the proper '109' shields up in the last few years.

Anyways, at the 'dogbone' part of the 'western' interchange, they did recently change the signage to add a 'SOUTH FL-109' mention (it was previously a spot they mentioned which way to go for NB FL-109).  While that was making me lean to adding it, I followed the 'EB' service road and found this "JCT FL-109" shield (formerly a 109A).  And then @ the intersection, I find a brand spanking new FL-109A shield with a 'left' (yes, a LEFT) arrow under it.  Somebody doesn't want the road to die......

Also, other signage @ University & FL-115 say 'TO FL-109 South' which muddies the water some more.  Also, GIS show that 109 does have a gap here.  GIS says that the 'FL-109 Arl segment should end South of FL-115 @ the intersection of University/Tanglewood (however signage in field doesn't support this part).

I'm honestly thinking of leaving it as-is, as we don't always consider the 'TO' signage as implied, and can't use an 'implied multiplex' defense here IMO because FL-115 doesn't use the Service Roads at all.  Sometimes there will be a gap.  Just happens unfortunately.

On a side note, I'll still have to correct the location of the 'UniBlvd_N' point, as that intersection has been move to the North some since the bridge for University there has been replaced and the intersection with Cesery had been reconfigured some.

Does SR 112 actually continue west of FL953_N?

GIS says yes.  Signage says yes. 1, 2, & the 'BEGIN shield', complete with a 0.0 MM in the background.  So, no changes needed here.

SR 114 is signed (at least on I-95). Waypoints are FraSt (if we're counting interchange-related stubs like that), I-95, and Blvd.

1 sign with shield still present going NB on I-95 as of December '18.  All other signs on I-95 say '8th Street' only.  No signage at the bottom of each ramp from I-95.  No signage along the road itself.  Considering route as unsigned (I remember back in the day when it WAS signed, but that was back when it continued all the way to US-1/17).  So, no changes here.

Why is SR 267 split in two?

'Curret' GIS agrees that there's no gap (though I thought I saw at one time the GIS data showing a gap with FL-20 only filling it).  Signage doesn't agree.  There is just a single 'TO' North FL-267 shield @ the 'southern' intersection, and no FL-267 'TO' signs on FL-20 at all going WB, just FL-20 shields.  Same thing happens going the other direction from the 'northern' intersection. Single 'TO' South FL-267 shield on the route itself before the intersection (1 on FL-20 before the intersection), and no 'TO' South FL-267 signage going EB on FL-20.  Honestly makes this hard to make the 'implied multiplex' defense here without any 'TO' signage along the 'implied multiplex' itself.  I still could go either way on this one.  Anybody else have any opinions on this?

SR 405 is signed east from US1_S to the end at the JFK Space Center.

GIS says no (shows end @ the start/end of the ramps from US-1 on eastern side of the interchange, which would activate the '1-point per interchange' rule since it's inside of the interchange).  Signage on NB US-1 & SB US-1 says yes.  END & BEGIN shields found 0.3 miles from supposed end along CR-405 (per GIS).

Extending it to the 'U-Turn' connection @ the Begin/End shields, as JFKSCen.

SR 414 has new interchanges between FL434 and I-4: GatDr, MaiSumBlvd, and KelRd (Lake Destiny Road will no longer have any direct access when construction is done). HopeRd should be WymRd. There's also a new exit 4B at Marden Road.

GatDr, MaiSumBlvd, and KelRd: Added.
HopeRd: no change.  Signed as Hope Road TO Wymore Road.
Marden Rd: Already in the file ATM on the site, but as Exit 5.  So no change needed here unless you have recent photographic proof that the exit number has been changed since StreetView was last there.
I-4: recentered interchange to new bridges.

SR 419/434: GarAve should be moved west to TusRd.

No, GarAve is needed for shaping reasons.  However, still added a point @ TusRd.

SR 423: CurSt -> ChuSt, WyhRd -> WymRd

Fixed.

SR 426: move OakHillDr west to WinSprBlvd?

Main reason I had it at that point was because that road was dead center inside of that curve, and made a logical point to gain the most mileage.  However, I've now moved it to the point you suggested.

SR 436: the south end is north of CargoRd at the canal bridges.

GIS agrees.  However, no ground signage between those bridges & FL-528.  1 BGS-style sign that looks more like 'advance signage' for a route you're going to JCT with.  No Begin/End State Maintenance signs on either road @ the bridges.

Result: shortening it to it's interchange with FL-528.

SR 482: as with other similar routes that end at interchanges with nearby roads (e.g. SR 421), the route extends west of I-4 to TurLakeRd.

GIS doesn't agree, shows end at the intersection with the WB I-4 off-ramp. "Begin State Maint" sign is also there (END is also there going other way).  Since it's within the interchange footprint, no changes here.

SR 524 continues east to SR 528.

GIS agrees.  Signage doesn't agree.  END shield at intersection with FL-501.  Signage on FL-528 going WB agrees w/ END shield and has a "TO" above the FL-524 shield.  EB Signage doesn't have a "TO" shield, but there's also no signage at the end of the ramp.  There's also a 'JCT shield for FL-524 on what's supposed to be itself.

So, as far as I can tell, FDOT doesn't want to sign it up to FL-528 (due to the END shield I mentioned above), thus, no changes will happen here as that part can be considered 'unsigned'.

SR 526: BurAve -> BumAve

Fixed.

SR 527 (Winter Park): OraAve -> LakeviewSt or GarAve or something that isn't actually SR 527

OraAve -> GarAve

SR 536: signs continue west of I-4 to the WDW property line (marked on OSM)

GIS shows 'western' end at the end of the ramps from I-4.  No standalone signage between the I-4 ramps & the WDW signage welcoming you. Signage on WB I-4 shows no FL-536 'West' shield, only 'East'.  Since the western 'end' is within the interchange footprint per GIS, and no other signage proving otherwise (this BGS doesn't count since it still is technically the road and inside of the interchange), no changes here.

SR 551: GolRdExt -> OldGolRd

Fixed.

SR 586, SR 590, SR 686, SR 688: add CR501?

Sure, why not.  Added to all 4 routes.

SR 594 extends west to the eastbound end of I-175.

No changes here, as we have I-175 ending 4th Street (the location of it's 'start' going WB).  I know, it's complicated because of FL-594 only being signed EB due to Dali Blvd being one-way between 4th & 3rd Street.  It was the best solution that could be arranged and keep 'graph connections' with FL-687 too.  Otherwise, we couldn't have FL-594 on the site.  Honestly wish this was one route FDOT didn't want to sign.

US 17/92: add CR580 in Haines City, CR54 -> RonReaPkwy, CR535 -> HamBroRd, CR531 -> PleHillRd (neither CR 535 nor CR 531 is signed or recognized by the county), US17/92Trk_S -> FL423, FL414/17Trk -> FL414 (these are much better signed than the truck routes), DirDr -> CR4162, SaxBlvd -> CR4146

CR580: Added.
RonReaPkwy: Changed & recentered.
HamBroRd/PleHillRd: Done.
FL423/FL414: Done & see below in "US 17/92 Truck (Orlando)" section.
CR4162/CR4146: Done.

US 17/92/441: CR527A -> LanRd

Done.

US 17: move KatSt one block north to CR4053

Done.

US 27: add CR17_HaiCity, RonReaPwky -> RonReaPkwy, add CROld50 in Minneola

CR17_HaiCity: Added as 'CR17_Hai'.
RonReaPkwy: Fixed, old label depreciated as in-use.
CROld50: Added.

US 192: AvaRd -> CR545_N, CR545 -> CR545_S, KisParkRd -> OCanCRd (to match US 441)

All fixed.

US 192/441: CR523_N -> CR523

No change here, as there's a corresponding 'CR523_S' in US-441's file that's the southern part of this same road.

US 441: add CR437_N and CR437_S just south of SR 429, CR452 -> LakeEusDr, CR44_E -> CR44LegA, CR44_W -> CR44

All changed except 'CR44_W' do to conflict with FL-44 file, which has a 'CR44' point (but might come back to this at a later time).
"CR44_E -> CR44LegA" also fixed in FL-44's file.  However, a separate post about FL-44 will be coming at a later time.

US 17/92 Truck (Orlando): WyhRd -> WymRd_S, HopeRd -> WymRd_N

Shields seem to have been removed at the Northern end. Apr '15 -> July '15.  Similar story at the 'Southern' end, May '15 -> July '15.  Signage even @ I-4 & FL-423 is now gone (Apr '11 -> Dec '18).

Considering both routes now as 'dead' even though 'problem bridge' remains, and will remove them both from site on next update.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:22:06 am by rickmastfan67 »

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:32:49 am
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2019, 08:02:55 pm »
SR 414 has new interchanges between FL434 and I-4: GatDr, MaiSumBlvd, and KelRd (Lake Destiny Road will no longer have any direct access when construction is done). HopeRd should be WymRd. There's also a new exit 4B at Marden Road.

HopeRd: no change.  Signed as Hope Road TO Wymore Road.
I suppose both directions do have an exit to Hope Road, but the eastbound entrance is from Sandspur Road (formerly the eastbound exit was too, but now that's only from I-4 east).

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2019, 09:35:17 am »

I don't think adding it would be a problem, as long as I add the entire "Hart Expressway" (including US-1 Alt's part), as it would be 5 miles in length.

Oh boy, and it seems part of this is going to be removed next year. :/
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/comparing-the-hart-bridge-expressway-project-in-jacksonville-to-similar-projects-around-us/77-4a19b0f4-f590-4e94-a2b9-d0f4d29bff3f

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2019, 10:47:57 am »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2872

This includes the 3 posts talked about above, plus the addition of the "Hart Bridge Expressway" to the site.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 17, 2024, 04:16:53 pm
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2019, 04:39:35 pm »
FL 886 is not signed.

Source: personally field verified this morning.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2019, 08:27:16 pm »
FL 886 is not signed.

Did you go northbound and southbound on US 1 at 886?

Offline formulanone

• Last Login:March 07, 2024, 12:48:43 pm
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2019, 06:35:51 am »
FL 886 is not signed.

Did you go northbound and southbound on US 1 at 886?

I've never seen a reassurance marker either, but there have been 886 shields on US 1 for a while; this photo is from mid-2013:

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
Florida: peer review
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2019, 08:10:20 am »
2: it may have been signed in the past, but I can't find any current signage for the 81 overlap. Truncate west end to 81.
2: StMarkSt would make more sense to the west at MainSt.
2: CR2A is not signed. Recommend changing to OldHwy2 (name from Jackson County Property Appraiser GIS).
2: OceAve should be OscAve.
2oke: CR250 is a dirt road that is not useful for shaping and has no shields or street signs. If you want to keep it, Baker County PA shows it's EddyRd.
4: HutLn might be better just to the east at BooLn.
4: ForRd should be 3NotTrl (the former is not signed at 4).
4: Key Mill Road - move west to CR4B?
5: 6thAve -> 6thAveS, since there's a 6th Ave North on the other side of town.
5: 10thAve -> 10thAveN for the same reason.
5: the north end as maintained and signed is now at the C-51 Canal bridge.
5aday: WilTraRun is such a minor road. Move just east to MilDr?
5aday: move AlcSt south to FloSt?
6: add a point at CR751?
7: maintenance has been extended north to 60thSt.
9bjac: 1 is now open: "Marconi will be the first neighborhood to open in eTown in May 2019. It will be a gated community with homes starting in the mid $300,000s."
10alak: S7thSt -> LakAve
12: GOEdenRd -> GarEdenRd (omit 'of')
12: FL269 is a bad name for a waypoint given the overlap; how about KingSt?
13: is ToFL16 necessary? It's just a pair of ramps in a large intersection.
15orl: FL408(12A) -> BumRd?
16: are ToFL230 and ToFL13 necessary?
17: HarRd -> CodyVilRd
17: ToCR640 ditto
19: NF77 -> NF74? Street sign blades say NFR 77 though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:21:35 pm by neroute2 »

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
Re: Florida: peer review
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2019, 06:32:06 pm »
20: LocTerRd should either be renamed AlaTerRd or moved west to the more important SiteC6Rd.
20: US331 needs moving.
20: AspPlaRd is a private dirt road with gates. There's no need for a point there.
20: CR267 -> CR2224
23: 32 should move south to the overpass
23: 35 should move north, replacing 35A
29: JanSceDr -> CR837_W, CR837 -> CR837_E
29: WhiRd -> MarFieRd (the former isn't signed at 29)
30: BeaSchRd -> ClaAve
30apor: FL30 -> US98
30e: SeaDr should be moved north to the cul-de-sac and renamed StJosPenSP
31: CR763_S -> CR763, CR763_N -> NHogBayExt (or move just north to CR760)
35: 92ndPlaRd -> 92ndPlRd (it's a double suffix)
37: FourConMineRd -> FourCorMineRd
37: MainSt -> MainAve, MainSt_Lak -> MainSt
37: OldFL37 -> OldHwy37
37: the actual north end is at MainSt_Lak; beyond there is unsigned SR 35. The only sign I know of that says otherwise is on a side street north of where we end it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:22:02 pm by neroute2 »

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
Re: Florida: peer review
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2019, 09:34:32 pm »
40: CR328 needs to be moved west
40a doesn't exist anymore and was probably never signed
44: HerBlvd -> BueVisBlvd
44: the US 441 "overlap" is all signed with to plates
44: CR44 -> CR44_E
44: BlueLakeDr -> BlueLakeAve
45: SocSt -> ScoSt (but why here? why not 7thAve?)
45: FolAve -> FloAve (but why here? why not ColDr?)
46: recenter FL453
46: CR15 -> US17/92_N, US17/92_N -> FrenchAve_N
47: WatRd -> WatSt
49: is only signed as US 129, so shouldn't be in CHM
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:52:15 pm by neroute2 »