Author Topic: New HB showroute implementation  (Read 12708 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
Re: New HB showroute implementation
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2020, 12:53:19 pm »
If this seems useful to anyone, I'll put it up on the main server.

Love it :) :) :)

If there would be a checkbox "filter for same system" next to the dropdown, and the dropdown list would be reduce when it is on, the feature would be perfect! :)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2020, 12:55:55 pm »
If there would be a checkbox "filter for same system" next to the dropdown, and the dropdown list would be reduce when it is on, the feature would be perfect! :)

Instead of further cluttering the window, how about the contents are organized by the ones in the same system at the top, ones in other systems below, with some sort of separator?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2020, 01:04:20 pm »

Instead of further cluttering the window, how about the contents are organized by the ones in the same system at the top, ones in other systems below, with some sort of separator?

Also fine to me! Is it possible to add a line afterwards?

DEU-BY B2
DEU-BY B2R
DEU-BY B2Wei
DEU-BY B2Bay
DEU-SN B2
DEU-TH B2
-----------------      <== THIS
AB AB2ACal
AB AB2aGri

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2020, 01:05:08 pm »
Why include routes from other systems at all?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2020, 01:06:08 pm »
^^

That doesn't deal with:
1) bannered routes being related routes - a system filter is too narrow.
2) Jim's main gripe that duplicate numbers (eg I-88) are not related routes - a system filter is too broad.

It's a misdiagnose of the problem to just whack a system filter on it. Hence my thread to try and get a consensus on what the feature is there for in order to get it restored in a productive way.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2020, 01:28:51 pm »
1) It doesn't deal with bannered routes in the context of usai <-> usaib and usaus <-> usausb. So I'll grant those cases, sure. I believe in all other cases bannered routes are in the same system as their respective parents. This, however, I see as running into the definition issue of "What's related?"
2) Not a problem. Incompletely filtering out some-but-not-all of the noise is better than filtering out none at all. Filtering by system may not get us all the way to where we want to be, but it can get us most of the way there.

the issue is the unrelated routes dragged in (and the related routes excluded by a filter).
1) is potentially related routes excluded by a filter.
2) is unrelated routes dragged in. We can at least tighten this up, even it by itself it doesn't solve the problem of #1.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:36:32 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2020, 01:51:08 pm »
Entries in the new dropdown menu are now grouped into those in the same system and those in other systems on tmtest.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2020, 02:09:14 pm »
Entries in the new dropdown menu are now grouped into those in the same system and those in other systems on tmtest.

Perfect, thanks! :)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2020, 02:46:05 pm »
Just FYI, the traveled/clinched routes page (https://travelmapping.net/shields/clinched.php?units=miles&u=the_spui_ninja&cort=traveled) doesn't link to the new showroutes. It's not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd bring notice to it.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2020, 02:55:46 pm »
Just FYI, the traveled/clinched routes page (https://travelmapping.net/shields/clinched.php?units=miles&u=the_spui_ninja&cort=traveled) doesn't link to the new showroutes. It's not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd bring notice to it.

Fixed, thanks.

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:23:42 pm
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2020, 06:40:06 pm »
Another FYI, the embedded maps in region.php and system.php still link to the old HB route display rather than showroute.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2020, 07:31:50 pm »
Another FYI, the embedded maps in region.php and system.php still link to the old HB route display rather than showroute.

Should be fixed, thanks.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2020, 12:05:08 pm »
Waypoints table percentages

ISTR that before, percentages were based on the total drivers of the route, not the total number of site users.
With each segment being traveled by 18/19 travelers, the percentages would be 94.7% rather than 6.67%

Clicking on waypoints
Right now, clicking on a waypoint marker on the map will cause the map to pan a small amount before opening the popup. Thus right-clicking & opening an intersecting/concurrent route in a new tab results in a map at a different center point. Makes 1:1 comparisons in different tabs a little tougher. Before, it would only scroll if the popup were partially offscreen. I'd like to get the old behavior back.
(Was there some other discussion about this upthread or in another topic?)