Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on Today at 06:25:33 pm »
Note the interesting pedestrian situation for the DDI on I-75 at Windy Hill Rd (Exit 260) where pedestrians actually end up in the sidewalk in the middle of the DDI.  There were pedestrian bridges closer to Truist Park so there was very little crossing the street after crossing I-75.

Yeah, the GDOT seems to like scaring pedestrians and has been doing this on all the new DDI bridges.  See here at Ashford-Dunwoody Road as well.  Ashford-Dunwoody at I-285 in Perimeter area

I think that just might be standard DDI design; the one in Cheyenne does the same thing (streetview) while the one in Pocatello would do it but US 91's a dual carriageway (streetview).

More on the topic of this thread, the wife and I are heading out to the Northeast (flying into Boston) for a short roadtrip in a couple weeks. I've never been to MA, CT, RI, NH, or ME (I spent 2 hours in VT once lol), so does anyone have any "can't miss" attractions in the eastern Adirondacks to White Mountains area? I already have some ideas but I figure asking people who know more would be useful...
Updates to Highway Data / Re: NC: NC 119 Mebane Relocation
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Today at 02:06:57 pm »
Updates to Highway Data / OR: NMPs to fix or mark as FPs
« Last post by Jim on Today at 11:26:10 am »
In preparation for my summer work on the METAL algorithm visualization project, I'm going through things on TM and METAL and our graph data looking to remind myself of things to be done and prioritize projects.  Along the way, I noticed that we have a lot of NMPs not marked as false positives in Oregon.  It looks like many are just points that need to be aligned at intersections.  @Bickendan do you have a little time to fix those up or mark them, or can I or someone else take care of them?  It would really improve the graph data a lot for those loading the Oregon graphs in METAL.
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by kjslaughter on Today at 11:11:46 am »
Note the interesting pedestrian situation for the DDI on I-75 at Windy Hill Rd (Exit 260) where pedestrians actually end up in the sidewalk in the middle of the DDI.  There were pedestrian bridges closer to Truist Park so there was very little crossing the street after crossing I-75.

Yeah, the GDOT seems to like scaring pedestrians and has been doing this on all the new DDI bridges.  See here at Ashford-Dunwoody Road as well.  Ashford-Dunwoody at I-285 in Perimeter area
The route has been re-extended.

Great, thank you for the update.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: FL 46 gap
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on Yesterday at 08:59:32 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.  I'll try to get this segment all cleaned up and uploaded in the next few days.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: FL 46 gap
« Last post by AARoads on Yesterday at 01:49:14 pm »
Drove the newly opened section 6 of the Wekiva Parkway on May 19. Signs for Exit 44 on eastbound have not been changed yet and still display SR 46. The westbound signage has SR 46/CR 46A. No indication of SR 46 East/CR 46A West however.

SR 429 currently ends east at Exit 50, which is signed simply for SR 46 and no control point. Ramps connect with adjacent SR 46 just west of the roundabout with Longwood Markham Road.
Update on this:  https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=4855.msg2740602#msg2740602

It looks like it is not necessarily time yet to add the point to IN 37 though.

^ O HAY, didn't I write a shell script to detect cases like this?
FWIW flipped route support is still not implemented, but this shouldn't be a problem for US70.

All travelers with affected .lists:
bejacob bhemphill bobcobb brendan cabiness42 chaddean charliezeb clark1mt clong codyg1985 dcharlie dcm55343 dharwood dy670 Echostatic extremebandman formulanone froggie gman2337 highway63 Ib3kii jbum86MASTER johninkingwood jonfmorse jstalica justjake jwood klundgren lkefct lowenbrau mapcat mapmikey markkos1992 master_son mefailenglish mikeandkristie mwasleski ntallyn okroads oscar ozarkman417 rlee roadguy2 scott_stieglitz scstrawn skatcher snowmatt8 terescoj tikester ua747sp valedc03ls verruckte_dan wadsteckel whopperman

Those who update via GitHub (TM usernames):
bejacob clark1mt dy670 Echostatic formulanone froggie jonfmorse mapcat mapmikey markkos1992 master_son mwasleski ntallyn oscar ozarkman417 roadguy2 ua747sp

GitHub usernames:
@bejacob @clark1mt @TNT670 @queenwsx @freakwentflier @ajfroggie @jonfmorse @mapcat @mapmikey @Markkos1992 @ssoworld @mwasleski @ntallyn @ovoss @ozarkman417 @roadguy2 @ua747sp

Those left over who update by email:
bhemphill bobcobb brendan cabiness42 chaddean charliezeb clong codyg1985 dcharlie dcm55343 dharwood extremebandman gman2337 highway63 Ib3kii jbum86MASTER johninkingwood jstalica justjake jwood klundgren lkefct lowenbrau mefailenglish mikeandkristie okroads rlee scott_stieglitz scstrawn skatcher snowmatt8 terescoj tikester valedc03ls verruckte_dan wadsteckel whopperman
^ FWIW, I haven't traveled the new US 70 routing between I-430(1) and I-30(141B). So this undoes my overall clinch, from Arizona to North Carolina, of US 70.

For now, at least. But quite by coincidence, I already had plans to spend the night in Little Rock next week. So I can do a re-clinch while I'm out there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10