Highway Data Discussion > Updates to Highway Data

MEX-DF: Should we change all DF references to CDMX?

(1/4) > >>

neroute2:
On 29 January 2016, it ceased to be the Federal District (Spanish: Distrito Federal or D.F.) and is now officially known as Ciudad de México (or CDMX), with a greater degree of autonomy.

This would mean renaming the MEX-DF folder and the files within from mexdf* to mexcdmx*, as well as changing any references to the city limits.

Edit: "MEX-DF:" added to subject

michih:
I don't remember where but we discussed the Mexican region names anywhere. We usually go with ISO 3166: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-2:MX

Please don't jump the gun with changing, we should discussed first. I'm in favor of changing it to ISO names when the whole revision of active Mexican systems is done - on activation of the new systems.

neroute2:

--- Quote from: michih on November 14, 2019, 09:37:51 am ---I'm in favor of changing it to ISO names when the whole revision of active Mexican systems is done - on activation of the new systems.

--- End quote ---
Which would require a whole bunch of changes after I make the new files - changes to file names, prefixes for state routes, labels for state lines :(

michih:
Yes, but the region name change is much less effort for users than the effort to map their travels to the new routes. When we wanna change the name of one region, we should do it for all regions.

neroute2:
Are you volunteering to go through all the files I haven't made yet and change the state abbreviations in the future? Otherwise I see no reason I shouldn't start using the new abbreviations now in waypoint labels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version