Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Mapview rte= functionality

<< < (2/5) > >>

si404:

--- Quote from: yakra on June 05, 2020, 10:37:20 pm ---One way to make the "Related Routes" link from the HB immensely more useful would be to add a sys= restriction to the mapview URL, E.G.
--- End quote ---
Sure, though my main problem is that FLA1A and MA1A are in.

And if you default to the system, you'd want the bannered routes as well - which makes the code more complex.

yakra:
Thus we would want to search for the relevant string at the beginning of the route name, rather than anywhere within it. This is what the ^ character does in a Un*x regex.

Jim:
It wasn't my code in the original rte= support, but the current code achieves its results with this as part of its SQL query:

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/blob/028605b8e4b1dfd1ef3877bb1076eaa19d9c036b/user/mapview.php#L273-L274

Jim:
I am not seeing any reason we need all the regex stuff here.  As I have implemented it in the new Mapview, rte= requires an exact match in the routes.route field.  And you can optionally restrict to one or more systems with sys=.

Those interested in this functionality, please give it a try, and let me know if it behaves as you expect.  Keep in mind there is nothing done at this point to restrict to only the same connected route.

yakra:

--- Quote from: Jim on June 05, 2020, 04:18:43 pm ---So if you specify rte=I-90, you not only get all of the regional segments of mainline I-90 from usai, but you all get each of the business loops and spurs in usaib.  That seems like a reasonable feature and would not be hard to continue to provide.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jim on June 07, 2020, 09:09:07 am ---I am not seeing any reason we need all the regex stuff here.  As I have implemented it in the new Mapview, rte= requires an exact match in the routes.route field.  And you can optionally restrict to one or more systems with sys=.

--- End quote ---
How about letter-suffixed children, such as ME4A, NY17*, etc?

--- Quote from: Jim on June 07, 2020, 09:09:07 am ---Those interested in this functionality, please give it a try, and let me know if it behaves as you expect.  Keep in mind there is nothing done at this point to restrict to only the same connected route.

--- End quote ---
http://tmtest.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?units=miles&rte=NY17 has vanilla NY17 and PA NY17SWa panned off the west edge of the map. The westernmost bits of NY17Bin are also clipped; +X101 is at or just off the W edge of the map. I still need to zoom out one level to fit all NY17 segments within the viewport. 1680x1050 display.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version