Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Overlay map color schemes

<< < (13/15) > >>

Jim:

--- Quote from: vdeane on January 16, 2021, 11:20:40 pm ---So I just noticed an issue: whenever I try to specify a TM color in Mapview, it comes out instead as black.  CSS colors and RGB values work OK, but not TM colors.  Oddly enough, your sample "bad-looking combination" link works fine, so I'm not sure what's going on.

--- End quote ---

Anyone else seeing similar problems?  Might be worth force-reloading to make sure tmjsfuncs.js is a fresh copy.

vdeane:
Looking at the orange and purple implemented, they're close to existing colors, so I imagine those would be more for user customization or as alternates for the existing magenta and yellow.

--- Quote from: Jim on January 17, 2021, 11:33:02 am ---
--- Quote from: vdeane on January 16, 2021, 11:20:40 pm ---So I just noticed an issue: whenever I try to specify a TM color in Mapview, it comes out instead as black.  CSS colors and RGB values work OK, but not TM colors.  Oddly enough, your sample "bad-looking combination" link works fine, so I'm not sure what's going on.

--- End quote ---

Anyone else seeing similar problems?  Might be worth force-reloading to make sure tmjsfuncs.js is a fresh copy.

--- End quote ---
I figured out what happened: TM colors should only be specified once, not separately for clinched and unclinched as other colors are.

Jim:

--- Quote from: vdeane on January 17, 2021, 07:13:31 pm ---Looking at the orange and purple implemented, they're close to existing colors, so I imagine those would be more for user customization or as alternates for the existing magenta and yellow.

--- End quote ---

That's a good point. Maybe they should both be darker versions to distinguish better from the existing magenta and yellow.

Jim:
A comment by nezinscot in another thread about colorblindness reminded me of this discussion.  While we already have the ability for users to specify QS parameters to replace the colors to their own liking, it's not especially easy to use and I bet almost no one does.  I would like to add support for multiple, well thought out color schemes that could easily be selected by users via QS parameters and saved in cookies or by some other TBD mechanism.  Of course, this requires some work on the web front end to support it, but also requires some effort to come up with a collection of good color schemes.  Anyone interested in taking this on?

pderocco:
I don't think there's enough contrast between traveled and untraveled roads in Mapview, especially when zoomed out and the lines are skinny. There should be a way to turn the unhighlighted (actually translucently highlighted) roads off.

Also, I think radio buttons might be a quicker way to choose what's highlighted, rather than a pulldown box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version