User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Server OS and software updates

<< < (12/13) > >>

Jim:

--- Quote from: Jim on January 17, 2023, 09:30:00 pm ---I'm planning to do some OS and software updates on the TM server on Wednesday, January 18.  If all goes well, there will be nothing visible to users beyond a likely quick reboot or two.

--- End quote ---

All done, let me know if anything looks problematic.

Jim:
A few security patches have come out that I'd like to apply this afternoon, 3/8.  I am aiming for 2-3 PM EST. I expect only a quick reboot or two, so a minimal disruption, if all goes well.

Jim:

--- Quote from: Jim on March 08, 2023, 09:41:10 am ---A few security patches have come out that I'd like to apply this afternoon, 3/8.  I am aiming for 2-3 PM EST. I expect only a quick reboot or two, so a minimal disruption, if all goes well.

--- End quote ---

All done.  Things look normal so far - let me know if you see any problems.

Jim:
I plan to do a minor version upgrade (FreeBSD 13.1 to FreeBSD 13.2) on TM/METAL's server along with an update of all installed software to latest versions on Tuesday 5/9, hopefully mid to late morning EDT.  If all goes well, we should only see down time from one or two system reboots.

Jim:
The update to FreeBSD 13.2 and upgrade of all installed packages to their latest versions is complete.  Please let me know if you notice any problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version