Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

SD: SD 1806 (Gregory County North) endpoint

(1/3) > >>

mapcat:
Based on signage, it looks like this route has been extended. Based on the 2019 map here, it extends to the dead end at a ranch gate (note 37 mile marker) close to where the section lines marked 284 St & 356 Ave intersect. A sign pointing that direction at the intersection of 281 St and 350 Ave indicates that the road continues for 8 miles. This sign is the last one posted, and it appears at the corner of 282 St and 352 Ave.

vespertine:
I concur with these findings. I know I posted about the same thing with the same conclusion quite a while back. Given that I can't the post here, it may have been as far back as the CHM days.

v.

the_spui_ninja:
I think I said something about this as well, but I don't remember. This also aligns with the SD pavement logs here (page 241). I know for sure I extended the route on OSM.

Does the endpoint you saw correspond with the end of the tertiary road segment? The tertiary road should correspond to the gravel section and the secondary to the paved section, unless I messed something up.

mapcat:

--- Quote from: the_spui_ninja on May 16, 2022, 12:26:11 am ---Does the endpoint you saw correspond with the end of the tertiary road segment? The tertiary road should correspond to the gravel section and the secondary to the paved section, unless I messed something up.

--- End quote ---
Yes. My recollection is that the paved segment matches what you have as secondary in OSM, and also matches what appears in satellite imagery.

the_spui_ninja:

--- Quote from: mapcat on May 16, 2022, 10:23:43 am ---
--- Quote from: the_spui_ninja on May 16, 2022, 12:26:11 am ---Does the endpoint you saw correspond with the end of the tertiary road segment? The tertiary road should correspond to the gravel section and the secondary to the paved section, unless I messed something up.

--- End quote ---
Yes. My recollection is that the paved segment matches what you have as secondary in OSM, and also matches what appears in satellite imagery.

--- End quote ---
Cool, then that gives a good point to which the route should be extended.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version