User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

January 2021 Hardware Upgrades

<< < (2/9) > >>

Jim:
The disk is in, but not yet partitioned or in use.  Turns out there was a misunderstanding on the memory, and it has not yet arrived.  We're up at the moment, but I will be doing a lot of reconfiguring so expect ongoing outages this morning.

Jim:
The database is now on the new SSD.  This post is in part to make sure the forum still works, but also to say TM service disruptions will continue today.

Jim:
Things still look good after a reboot with the DB and some other things moved to the SSD.  The site should be stable for the next hour or two, then I'll be making more changes.

Jim:
The main TM site and the forum are now living on the new SSD.  Hopefully this post will work!

Jim:
I'm still doing some rearranging and configuring, but I don't expect any of it to cause more than very brief interruptions to the operations of the main TM site or the forum.  Please let me know if you notice any new problems that might be a result of today's disk upgrade.

When the new memory chips come in, we'll have another outage, but that should be a lot less disruptive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version