Author Topic: NE: L55K extends north of I-80  (Read 1040 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
NE: L55K extends north of I-80
« on: November 29, 2021, 07:07:40 pm »
So my trip out to Eastern Nebraska to visit family is over; and on the way back I saw this shield on what I thought was just regular NW 48th St. I've always been confused about why the signage off of Exit 395 insisted that L55K went north (there's even a reassurance shield (at one point, just the directional is there now)). Looking at the log book (Page 403, or 407 on the pdf), it seems that the divided street didn't used to extend all the way north to Adams, but ended, and that's where L55K still ends, at a random point halfway between Vine Street and Opportunity Drive.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:14:08 pm by Markkos1992 »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:28:40 am
Re: NE: L55K extends north of I-80
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 07:15:29 pm »
I fixed the GSV link above that was typed in wrong.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 11:18:27 am »
Maps & GIS & the Log Book all bear this out. Extending.

this shield
The coordinates in this URL are just about exactly the same as those in the shapefiles. We just need to be a wee bit south of the sign to be looking north at it! :)

log book (Page 403, or 407 on the pdf)
Whoa cool, new Log Book, September 2021! *Saves a local copy* I had the July 2020 edition, and had a hell of a time finding that. (And the 2015 edition, maybe left over from when I drafted usanes on an older computer?) One of these days I'll have to go thru & see what else has changed in the past 6 years...

that's where L55K still ends, ... halfway between Vine Street and Opportunity Drive.
...which will work pretty well as updates text description for the new End. I was thinking about saying "the future sites of" Vine Street and Opportunity Drive -- though it's been a few months since the Google car -- when you were in the area, did you happen to notice if they were, if not open or signed yet, art least substantially physically complete?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 01:12:12 pm »
that's where L55K still ends, ... halfway between Vine Street and Opportunity Drive.
...which will work pretty well as updates text description for the new End. I was thinking about saying "the future sites of" Vine Street and Opportunity Drive -- though it's been a few months since the Google car -- when you were in the area, did you happen to notice if they were, if not open or signed yet, art least substantially physically complete?
It's about the same as it was when the Google car went through; they're probably aiming to finish the new high school by next August. Lincoln signed the street intersections, but they're just concrete spurs into an active construction site now. They're not on the Lancaster County GIS, so "future sites" would be appropriate for an update text.

log book (Page 403, or 407 on the pdf)
Whoa cool, new Log Book, September 2021! *Saves a local copy* I had the July 2020 edition, and had a hell of a time finding that. (And the 2015 edition, maybe left over from when I drafted usanes on an older computer?) One of these days I'll have to go thru & see what else has changed in the past 6 years...
I just googled "nebraska log book highways" (wanted to make sure this wasn't a signage flub like S57A) and that was the first result; I will say NDOT's website is terrible about showing logs and project info, even worse than Wyoming!
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 09:51:27 am »
Lincoln signed the street intersections
Good enough for me!

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5384
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 02:21:30 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca