Author Topic: MO: LP Cookingham Drive (KC Airport access) addition to Select Named Freeways?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Unlike the Turner Diagonal, I'm not so sure about this one. It does have freeway connections, but only to I-29 on the south side of the interchange. However, with the recent addition of the Dayton International Airport Road, I thought I'd throw this one out and see what people think.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:41:23 pm by michih »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline compdude787

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 09, 2024, 02:19:30 am
Bumping this 1 1/2 year old thread. What does everyone think about this? Should it be added or not?

Offline dave1693

• Last Login:November 21, 2023, 11:28:54 pm
Google Maps implies that this road only has grade-separated interchanges in between, though not necessariy including, I-29 and the circle at the terminal.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:55:45 pm
Unlike the Turner Diagonal, I'm not so sure about this one. It does have freeway connections, but only to I-29 on the south side of the interchange. However, with the recent addition of the Dayton International Airport Road, I thought I'd throw this one out and see what people think.

OSM shows this as Missouri Route D.  A quick look at GSV does not show any signs for it.  Having stated that, there is no reason to include this one as it is not even a freeway.

Offline dharwood

• Last Login:June 05, 2022, 12:41:54 pm
I live in the Kansas City area, so I drive this road all the time. L P Cookingham Dr is a fully access controlled freeway with interchanges at I-29 (east end), Canberra Street, Bern Street, and Paris Street. Canberra Street, Bern Street, and Paris Street are all within the airport property (serving parking, rental cars, etc.), but these are true interchanges, not at-grade connections. At the west end, there are free-flow connections into the airport terminals (under reconstruction at the moment since a new terminal is being built). This freeway is also called Missouri Route D, but that is not signed and it may only be a state route from I-29 until it reaches the airport boundary. I think you have a simple choice here -- you either include freeway connections from an Interstate highway to an adjacent airport or you don't. But please be consistent.