Author Topic: São Paulo state highways are live! (brasp,braspa,braspi)  (Read 4177 times)

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:57:37 am
São Paulo state highways are live! (brasp,braspa,braspi)
« on: September 08, 2023, 12:02:59 am »
https://travelmapping.net/user/mapview.php?sys=brasp,braspa,braspi
Brasil's best-signed state system is an interesting network of radials (even numbers 008-360) and laterals (odd numbers 019-613). SPA and SPI routes are similar to Texas's spurs and loops, but are numbered based on the km post where they touch the parent.
More info can be seen at https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/blob/master/hwy_data/BRA-SP/brasp/README.md

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
Re: São Paulo state highways are live! (brasp,braspa,braspi)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 09:12:21 am »
Thanks for these!

I am re-running the site update now with the BRA-XX regions added so we should see the proper region fields on the new routes in a few minutes.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: São Paulo state highways are live! (brasp,braspa,braspi)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 04:09:22 pm »
Showroute doesn't like the hyphen in the root, and refuses to, well... show the route.
Parameter r=brasp.spi084-066 is invalid.
I see that the route data have a slash, consistent with how they're signed.
Depending on how feasible/simple a solution for showroute is or is not, the best solution may be to just change all the roots to use an underscore or something instead.

FWIW, the French D road systems dispense with a delimiter altogether, smushing the department digits right up against the route designation digits. Not a big fan of that approach personally; makes things less readable IMO.

Edit: Same problem is also showing up in indnh & indwb:
Looks like that the split alignments of NH 44, 48, and WB 1 are throwing invalid parameter errors when attempting to directly view the routes; they do show if loaded as part of the connected route.
(e.g, NH 44-W and 44-E). I'm assuming the hyphen in either the filename or as the route name in the .csv is causing the error, whereas the _con.csv doesn't have much issue with it.
­·WB 1-E loads as part of the WB 1, 1-E, 1bar complex. Does not show on its own. WB 1-W is not accessible.
·Among the errors surrounding NH 44, both 44-W and 44-E in Nagpur (Maharashtra), Seoni and Dabra (Mahdya Pradesh), and Agra (Uttar Pradesh) load in as part of the Connected Route.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 04:37:31 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca