Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The data check list found some duplicate filenames in Iowa Lincoln Highway: 3rdSt_E, CRE41_W, CRE41_E. They could be my fault from my additions that were incorporated.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: CO: US 550 Farmington Hill Bypass
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on Today at 10:08:22 am »
Will keep tabs on it then, thanks!
Updates to Highway Data / TX: Incorrect Waypoint on TX OSR
« Last post by cenlaroads on Yesterday at 10:36:15 pm »
The waypoint on TX OSR for FM 1687 is incorrectly labelled as "FM1087"
Updates to Highway Data / CO: US 550 Farmington Hill Bypass
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 10:13:17 pm »
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?msg=2923478

Expected to be open by the end of the month.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: IN: NW Indiana Point Requests
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on Yesterday at 10:02:03 am »
Thanks!
Updates to Highway Data / Re: PA: PA 41 ALT TRUCK (Avondale)
« Last post by Griffith on Yesterday at 08:55:36 am »
It travels on US1 until the next exit Toughkenamon / London Grove and then heads south on Newark Rd until it ends when Newark Rd meets PA41
It is well signed along the route. I travelled it last month.
Updates to Highway Data / PA: PA 41 ALT TRUCK (Avondale)
« Last post by Markkos1992 on May 12, 2024, 04:46:10 pm »
Jason Ilyes' latest photo sets includes shields for this starting at the PA 41/US 1 interchange heading north on US 1 NB.  I am currently unable to determine the rest of this route via GSV so field check when I get a chance it is....
I found another signed spur of the GRR in Atlas, IL. It is signed west along U.S. 54 toward "Pike Station River Access." This implies that the spur continues at least as far as 256th Street and maybe to Ralphs Landing Road or the Two Rivers Marina, but there are no signs in Pike Station or anywhere off IL 96 as far as I can tell.

I suspect there are more of these poorly but unambiguously signed spurs scattered all along the Illinois portion of the GRR in equally unlikely places, but I don't have time to look around for more tonight. I have only driven the stretch of the GRR from I-72 south to Mozier, so I can only safely say that there are not any additional spurs on that stretch beyond the three I have mentioned.
There's an incredibly short one to Riley Creek Rest Area, one along State Forest Road, Wolf Creek, and one heading into St Louis from the North along IL3

The only one signed with more than a sign at the diverge (that I've found) is the 'Free Ferry' one in Kampsville where there's supposed to be something the other side of the river, but there's not (in part because there's the Illinois River Road taking up sign space - see also other stuff being signed where there's supposed to be a GRR spur which isn't signed as it's not as important as the other scenic byway/trail/whatever).
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by Markkos1992 on May 12, 2024, 08:30:13 am »
Yesterday, I did a mostly morning trip to finish the Lincoln Highway segments along US 30 east of Breezewood (meaning a full clinch in PA) and doing a few National Road segments in Hagerstown, Ellicott City, and Baltimore that I had not done. Otherwise it was mainly documentation along I-70 and I-83.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10