Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Overlay map color schemes

<< < (15/15)

jtstill:
My issue with the translucent highlighting is that if I'm trying to visualize a road trip within a region or my completion of the region itself from a wide enough perspective, it really doesn't matter whether the highlighting is on "travelled" or not, because I can barely tell the highlighted sections from the unhighlighted sections... I'm sure the translucent overlay when not highlighted is extremely useful from a highway maintenance perspective, but for a casual mapper such as myself who is interested in making visualizations of my personal travels, it's incredibly distracting to have even the unhighlighted (still translucent) lines on the map. I don't know if it's possible to add opacity settings to the unhighlighted sections, or how much computing power it takes, but I'd certainly be willing to optionally wait longer for a load if it gets me a better map view.

michih:
Good point! So, this could do the trick:

Highlight All, Highlight Traveled, Highlight Untraveled, Highlight None, Traveled Only, Untraveled Only, Disable All

Jim:

--- Quote from: michih on September 29, 2023, 10:44:52 am ---Good point! So, this could do the trick:

Highlight All, Highlight Traveled, Highlight Untraveled, Highlight None, Traveled Only, Untraveled Only, Disable All

--- End quote ---

Yes, I think this is the one, and I think it should be a straightforward change.  I hope to take a look soon unless someone wants to give it a try and submit a pull request before I have a chance.

jtstill:
Just bringing this one back into the conversation -- as someone who isn't doing the coding/leg work, I have no room to complain, but as I add more segments to my list file I still think being able to completely turn on/off the translucency of untraveled routes would be great for visualization purposes! Similar to what's below, but with my travels instead of I-80, obviously. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version