Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Solved Highway data updates / ND: Bismarck Expressway (usasf)
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on April 12, 2024, 11:20:30 am »
There is also one on ND 810 in Bismarck (west end, east end). Finally this freeway gets added :)

Don't know why I never added this to usasf before. I'm planning to add in the freeway segment (west of Washington Street); should I add it as nd.nd810 (only to I-194) or as nd.bisexpy (all the way to I-94)?
SD LCTrl is missing a point at Broadway Avenue in Pierre to match 14/83.
I can't find any LCT shields in Lewiston ID, but another national scenic byway stays on US 12, so perhaps the LCT should too.

Another potential route: The Oregon Trail
The Northwest Passage looks like an Idaho-only route.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usatr: United States select tourist routes
« Last post by si404 on April 12, 2024, 07:26:54 am »
MD National Road:

Eastbound uses Mulberry and westbound uses Locust in Hagerstown. Neither direction uses Potomac.

Eastbound in Frederick uses East Street, while MD 144 east continues to Franklin. But westbound is the same. So should the overlap be broken or not?
Here I've kept the overlaps along Mulberry (with US40Alt) and Patrick (with MD144) as concurrent with those routes, but this can be changed. Both existing routes are not well mapped.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: Texas systems
« Last post by Markkos1992 on April 12, 2024, 06:36:20 am »
I moved the last PA 1502 post into the Texas Systems thread.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usatr: United States select tourist routes
« Last post by si404 on April 12, 2024, 06:30:11 am »
I can't find any National Road signs in downtown Columbus OH;
This one at Front/Broad?
https://gis3.dot.state.oh.us/ScenicByways/HNR.html shows it using either Grant or Drexel, not 3rd/4th. https://www.franklincountyengineer.org/wp-content/uploads/PDF/TravelersGuide.pdf (p. 26) says the National Road originally used High and later moved to Drexel, giving Drexel as the route to follow now.
signed here on Main west of Drexel. I bodged it by having it jump from Main to National on the route that's in the browser, but it can move to Grant or High.
« Last post by si404 on April 12, 2024, 06:14:18 am »
There's another tour sign on Bridgewater Road west of SR 513, but I don't see any east of SR 513.
one here

Perhaps this should be a gap, since half of our route was never the National Road. Or take it on I-70 like https://gis3.dot.state.oh.us/ScenicByways/HNR.html shows,
I-70 would be a mistake, per the sign above. The PDF guide has the route off I-70, but with a break where it leaves the old alignment. Sadly there's no Streetview where the gap would be, so we can't check the bodge I did to avoid a gap (a touring route shouldn't have to only stick to the old route and then disappear - it should be a followable route - cf the signed twists crossing I-70 further west at Old Washington).

but there doesn't seem to be any signage to the east to and along SR 800 either.
There's this, which says OH800 is a byway (that signage was considered an error and abolished in 2022 according to AARW - however I can't check the source as Ohio DOT, like Iowa DOT, get around the EU's stupid cookie law that our stupid government haven't repealed by not allowing European access rather than spending a bit more money to have the stupid checkbox for European visitors) - ie it's a signo for the National Highway, using the generic instead of the specific.

Annoyingly the entirety of the Ohio River Scenic Byway in Ohio uses these signs, rather than the route specific one. Then again, Indiana uses the ORSB or LCTrl, or both, depending on what mood they are in and that's more complicated to deal with than the no build of 'it is not signed properly'!
IN Lincoln Highway:

Old SR 2 east of Valpo

Otherwise it looks good.
PA Lincoln Highway:

Wolfsburg Road west of Bedford

Cemetery Road west of Schellsburg

Strangely there's nothing on Old Lincoln Highway east of Stoystown.

Old Lincoln Highway west of Ligonier, coming in just before this sign on US 30

OH Lincoln Highway:
Lincoln Street in Hanoverton

Cindell Street west of Robertsville, and another piece (but of course not the stubs south of US 30)

Two routes are signed west of Mansfield. Here's an example of a sign along the southern route. As far as I can tell, it simply uses 430-309-19 to Bucyrus, but then jogs one block on Charles, ending at Washington Square.

Another old route is signed between Bucyrus and Upper Sandusky. It begins on Nevada-Winford Road and jogs north in Nevada to CH 182, ending on Reservoir Road.

Another old route is signed along 199-Crawford-53-81 between Upper Sandusky and Ada, then turns south on 235 and west on CR 60 (signs are missing but this is the route in the 1920 Automobile Blue Book). At Lima it probably comes in on North (the route in the 1920 Automobile Blue Book jogs south on Dewey to High, but that's been cut off) and then uses Main-McKibben and then north on West into 65 to 115 to rejoin the main route.

A special 1913 alignment uses 235-309-Bellefontaine-Market-Main between south of Ada and Lima.
Updates to Highway Data / OH 65, 309 realigned in Lima
« Last post by neroute2 on April 12, 2024, 02:15:52 am »
This happened between 2021 and 2023. From the north, 65 still turns east on Grand from West, but now continues straight across Elizabeth to Main, turning east on Wayne (newly two-way) and south on the one-way pair of Union and Central to Elm.

309 from the east continues straight on Elm, but then imagery is too old. Presumably it stays with Elm to Jameson (like eastbound already did).

81 and 117 seem to have stayed the same, but labels need to be changed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10