Author Topic: Rest of America Master Thread  (Read 57344 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:35:49 pm
Re: Rest of America Master Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2020, 03:08:45 am »
Any plans to include the Autopista systems for Chile and Argentina?  They're wholly concurrent with the other numbered routes, but there is precedent for that (New Zealand).
In neither country does the autopista system seem to be a defined system. So probably not.

I fully agree but it's the very same with nzlmot "system". Or eursf system usage in northern Europe.
The reason is that the developer wanted to highlight freeways. Which is a fair reason because it's the interest of some / many users.

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:56:20 pm
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2020, 06:43:47 pm »

Offline jayhawkco

• Last Login:February 05, 2024, 01:16:11 pm
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2021, 01:05:50 am »
Only top 5, not 10? :D  Just giving you a hard time Yakra, I know I am close in those other lists.  It will be nice when those ranks are listed on the user page instead of TBD, and/or having a page where the ranks are fully listed.  Then you won't have to grep for curiosity either.  You know it killed the cat. :D  Not having travelled in a while has meant that my recent adds have come from waiting for new roads to be mapped, although there is very little of that left now.  I'll get my planned trips rescheduled here sometime though and get back to adding again.

I, too, am waiting for some other regions to be added.  I have mileage in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Bolivia, Ecuador, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Colombia, St. Lucia, Svalbard, and Peru that I want to bring into the fold.  On that note, I can't wait to travel internationally again.  It was great traveling more extensively in the U.S. during the past year and a half, but I'm ready to feel another culture for sure.

Chris

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:12:02 pm
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2021, 05:13:59 am »
St. Lucia, Svalbard
If I'd found any evidence of some system I could map rather than just "there's some roads", you'd be able to map those travels already.

I'm having another look.

Svalbard looks like the most you'd get is the road through Longyearbyen to the airport and a radar station. There's only 40km of roads in total, most of which are short little residential roads in the 4 villages (none of which are linked together), and that road is 20 of them (mostly unpaved). OSM labels it '400', but GMSV shows no number from what I can see (though it doesn't do the more major bit between airport and settlement).

St Lucia seems to classify its road network into 'primary', 'secondary' (and presumably a lower category), but no numbers and certainly no signs. See also Bermuda, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, St Kitts & Nevis, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Montserrat, Dominica, St Vincent & the Grenadines and Grenada.

Offline jayhawkco

• Last Login:February 05, 2024, 01:16:11 pm
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 09:22:40 am »
St. Lucia, Svalbard
If I'd found any evidence of some system I could map rather than just "there's some roads", you'd be able to map those travels already.

I'm having another look.

Svalbard looks like the most you'd get is the road through Longyearbyen to the airport and a radar station. There's only 40km of roads in total, most of which are short little residential roads in the 4 villages (none of which are linked together), and that road is 20 of them (mostly unpaved). OSM labels it '400', but GMSV shows no number from what I can see (though it doesn't do the more major bit between airport and settlement).

St Lucia seems to classify its road network into 'primary', 'secondary' (and presumably a lower category), but no numbers and certainly no signs. See also Bermuda, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, St Kitts & Nevis, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Montserrat, Dominica, St Vincent & the Grenadines and Grenada.

And fair enough.  I hadn't thought that much about if they were signed; I was only thinking about other countries where I had driven/ridden.

Chris

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2021, 10:50:42 am »
I have mileage in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Bolivia, Ecuador, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Colombia, St. Lucia, Svalbard, and Peru that I want to bring into the fold.

neroute2 had an initial look on Ecuador and Guatemala but not much happened so far - and I don't expect that neroute2 or anyone else will work on it anytime soon....

I think I might revisit Argentina once France will be done in 2022+

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2022, 03:48:51 pm »
Sorry that I didn't peer-review any system today but I preferred visiting Si instead :D

Are the French oversea departement systems also ready for review?  glpd (Guadaloupe) gufd (French Guiana) and mtqd (Martinique)?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:12:02 pm
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2022, 05:21:01 pm »
Are the French oversea departement systems also ready for review?  glpd (Guadaloupe) gufd (French Guiana) and mtqd (Martinique)?
Sure.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2022, 08:10:09 am »
Sure.

I asked because you had concerns in the past. That's why you started the chocolate indication. I've marked the 3 systems now and I'll review them.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:16:53 pm
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2023, 02:27:12 pm »
Costa Rica looks to be best broken into primary, secondary, and tertiary systems per https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Red_Vial_Nacional_de_Costa_Rica (different shield shapes are used for the three, though route numbers do not repeat between them).

I'm going to go ahead and take on the task of drafting them.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2023, 06:02:31 am »
argrn - Argentina Rutas Nacionales (michih -> neroute2) reviewer: t.b.d.

@neroute2 pleaes update the first post. Thanks :)

Offline rschen7754

• Last Login:February 28, 2024, 12:49:09 am
    • Rschen7754
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 12:52:46 am by rschen7754 »

Offline rschen7754

• Last Login:February 28, 2024, 12:49:09 am
    • Rschen7754
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2024, 01:33:01 am »
South America:

Guyana does not appear to number anything, but a list is on https://mopw.gov.gy/ (under Is my road under the ministry's purview?)

The law referred to is https://mola.gov.gy/sites/default/files/chapter%205101%20final.pdf. Unfortunately not every road is described since you have to go back and look at the past proclamations.

Colombia: in-house GIS app https://hermes2.invias.gov.co/SIV/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 02:10:06 am by rschen7754 »