Author Topic: usafl: Florida State Highways  (Read 94973 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: usafl: Florida State Highways
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2017, 02:22:31 am »
Should FL60 have a point at 27th Ave in Vero Beach, since 27th Ave turns into FL607 eventually to the south?
Similarly (though on a smaller scale), Recommend a point on FL39 at Alexander St, a bit south of KniGriRd, for its connection south to FL39A.

FL986: 72ndSt_W endpoint label? As Oscar recently said re CA162, "I prefer intersecting roads/boundaries over continuation road names/numbers, the former better defines where the ... route ends)" Maybe FLTpk, even if there's no actual interchange there?

US41: FL80/82 -> FL82?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2017, 02:32:25 am »
FL-408 'spr' = completely torn up, and no longer exists.  Was a spur from FL-408 to FL-417 & even had it's own interchange in-between them, but was removed when they added the 'missing' ramps at the direct interchange for both routes.
*checks Historic Aerials*
Wow... that whole operation seems kind of a wasted effort...

Well, the 'spur' was the original alignment of FL-408 before it was extended farther east.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2017, 03:57:27 am »
Still though, seems a waste to demolish it. It was more direct that the "direct" ramps farther east, and it provided another local access point that is now missing.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2017, 03:37:24 am »
FL228 appears to have an extra shaping point between I-95(353A) and I-95(353B), which is breaking the concurrence with I-95.

FL243 has points for PeaParkRd_N and PeaParkRd_S. These should be PecParkRd_N and _S.

Fixes submitted.

Also, for the two A1A segments in the Jacksonville region, MayFer => MayFry (we've been using Fry as abbrev for Ferry pretty regularly).

Done.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/1605

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2017, 10:03:39 pm »
Quote from: emory
A segment of SR 12 that runs through Quincy has been relinquished to the city. Specifically the portion running from SR 269 to US 90 along E. King Street. Rather than gap the route, SR 12 now runs south down the entirety of SR 269/Quincy Bypass and co-signs with US 90/SR 10 until it hits its former routing. http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/Straight-linesOnlineGIS/blank.aspx?docId=106084

http://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=2017.msg2258664#msg2258664

Not sure if this means that FL-269 has been decommissioned, or will be co-signed with FL-12 there.  Will have to look @ the GIS data later.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2017, 08:32:02 am »
Just took a look at the datacheck page, and all but 4 of the errors are 'distance' errors.  Those shouldn't be issues, but I'll take a look later and see if I might be able to find points around the ~5 mark in between and nip them that way.

Otherwise, the other 4 are 3 'self ref' and 1 sharp angle.  All are FPs (just verified that).  So, have submitted them to the FP list.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2018, 08:19:26 pm »
By email from user aaroads:

Thinking about another change I wanted to mention, the alignment of FL 39 in Hillsborough County shifted from I-4 westward onto the new Alexander Street alignment. Old FL 39 north from I-4 was supposed to be designated as CR 39, but now it is signed as FL 39A. FL 39A was previously assigned along Alexander Street south from I-4. This is now part of FL 39 as well, with FL 39 wrapping around the southwest side of Plant City. The previous alignment for FL 39 south from I-4 through Downtown Plant City was turned over to the city for maintenance and decommissioned.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2018, 05:08:54 am »
By email from user aaroads:

Thinking about another change I wanted to mention, the alignment of FL 39 in Hillsborough County shifted from I-4 westward onto the new Alexander Street alignment. Old FL 39 north from I-4 was supposed to be designated as CR 39, but now it is signed as FL 39A. FL 39A was previously assigned along Alexander Street south from I-4. This is now part of FL 39 as well, with FL 39 wrapping around the southwest side of Plant City. The previous alignment for FL 39 south from I-4 through Downtown Plant City was turned over to the city for maintenance and decommissioned.

FDOT GIS data is confirming this finally.  This was one area where I was still a tad confused earlier with.  So, now fixing it will be a piece of cake.

=====
Also will still have to do reroute of FL-12 onto FL-269 later up in Quincy, while leaving FL-269 'for now', as I have no proof 269 will become unsigned yet.

EDIT: Now submitted.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:19:07 am by rickmastfan67 »

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:24:33 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2018, 08:40:06 am »
In the Orlando area:

-- the main and Mt. Plymouth segments of FL 429 are now connected by a new segment, so the route files can be merged into a single route

-- branching from the new segment is a new route, FL 453 (also a toll road), between FL 429 and FL 46

Both additions are shown in OSM/Mapnik, and shown as open if you zoom in enough.

I drove both additions, on my way down to south Florida. I don't recall seeing any exit numbers, which doesn't mean they aren't there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:12:33 am by oscar »

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2018, 07:32:39 am »
A few more comments, but I'm still in south Florida so more might be forthcoming:

-- FL 925 appears to be signed only on the northbound one-way frontage road along NB I-95 (NW 3rd Ave.). It has a regular reassurance marker, and an End sign assembly at NW 8th St. (where the HB places FL 925's north end). But there appear to be no route markers on the southbound frontage road on the other side of I-95 (NW 3rd Ct.). The waypoints in the middle of I-95 seem to assume that FL 925 includes both frontage roads, but are you sure it doesn't include only the northbound frontage road?

-- FL 811 (Oakland Park)'s north endpoint is labeled DixHwy_N. Since that FL 811 segment is Dixie Hwy both north and south of that endpoint, the label doesn't indicate the point on Dixie Hwy where the state route ends. Also, the CHM instruction manual says it is not appropriate to use the continuing road in the label, since the road name doesn't change where the route ends. The endpoint appears to be at the northern city limit of Fort Lauderdale/southern city limit of Pompano Beach, so For/Pom or PomBeaLim would be better endpoint labels.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2018, 08:39:33 pm »
In the Orlando area:

-- the main and Mt. Plymouth segments of FL 429 are now connected by a new segment, so the route files can be merged into a single route

-- branching from the new segment is a new route, FL 453 (also a toll road), between FL 429 and FL 46

Both additions are shown in OSM/Mapnik, and shown as open if you zoom in enough.

I drove both additions, on my way down to south Florida. I don't recall seeing any exit numbers, which doesn't mean they aren't there.

Exit numbers are shown here.
https://www.aaroads.com/guides/fl-429-north-wekiva-pkwy/

Anyways, now submitted.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2018, 09:06:12 pm »
Another one for you:  FL404 extended west to I-95 (I drove it today, OSM/Mapnik shows it).

Still one more morning in north Florida, so you're not safe yet. Plus some lesser comments on point labels I'll save until I'm back home.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:12:47 pm by oscar »

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2018, 09:42:17 pm »
Another one for you:  FL404 extended west to I-95 (I drove it today, OSM/Mapnik shows it).

FDOT GIS data as of 04/07/18 does not acknowledge it.

Last time I checked into this, only signage was 'TO' banners.
See: http://tm.teresco.org/forum/index.php?topic=323.msg6059#msg6059
Has this changed?

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2018, 09:49:09 pm »
I only drove the supposed FL 404 extension westbound. No FL 404 signage WB west of CR509, though I did see (in my rearview mirror) the BGS on SB I-95 that you mentioned in your previous post.

So I didn't see anything new.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2018, 04:40:18 pm »
Some last comments on endpoints, now that I'm back home.

FL 401: North endpoint is labeled SamCPhiPkwy, for the continuation road. But at that point, that the road changes names is not obvious to travelers. What is obvious is that you've crossed the property line of a military base, with sentry stations right ahead so you need to be looking for a turnaround point before the sentries (which I found, and used). I suggest SamCPhiPkwy => CapeCanAFS.

FL 607: North endpoint is labeled 27thAve. That's where, if a traveler looks carefully, the road name changes from Emerson Avenue to 27th Avenue. But even a careless traveler will notice the St. Lucie/Indian River county line signs. Assuming that FL 607 ends at the county line, rather than North Blvd. or 25th St. SW, I suggest 27thAve => StLuc/IndRiv or StL/Ind.

FL 716: West endpoint is labeled PortSLBlvd_W, even though the road doesn't change name there, which the instruction manual suggests the continuation road should not be used (in similar circumstances, when I couldn't come up with a better endpoint name, I've used "End"). But the real rub is that there is a regular (not End) FL 716 marker in each direction between that point and the next intersection west of the Turnpike, Cameo Blvd. I saw no FL 716 markers west of Cameo Blvd. Maybe CamBlvd would be the appropriate endpoint and label?