User Discussions > Other Discussion

Project Statistics

(1/68) > >>

Jim:
I haven't posted anything like this since we moved to this forum, so I thought it was time.

Our highway and user data now results in a database that gets constructed from 3,727,950 lines of SQL.  Over 20,000 .wpt files now get processed, along with 113 .list files.

A site update now takes about a half hour from start to finish.  When I get a chance over the summer to unify the regular database and the one that includes preview routes for mapping and stats, I expect we'll cut that nearly in half.  If I run it on my FreeBSD desktop instead of my Mac Book Pro, it also seems to be 25% faster, at least.  I'm sure other efficiency improvements will also present themselves the next time I can get my hands deep into the site update code.

Load on the server to serve maps and stats pages (including running the cgi scripts and DB queries) seems nearly negligible.

michih:
How many users do mapping their travels / how many list files of real travelers do we have now?
I think CHM had about 350.

Jim:

--- Quote from: michih on February 14, 2016, 03:23:29 am ---How many users do mapping their travels / how many list files of real travelers do we have now?
I think CHM had about 350.

--- End quote ---

It's right around 100.  We have a bunch of dummy files that are used to help find errors, etc. The next time I work on getting more statistics computation and reporting set up, I'd like to do something to flag those so that aren't listed in rankings, included in averages, etc.

yakra:

--- Quote from: Jim on February 14, 2016, 08:46:52 am ---It's right around 100.  We have a bunch of dummy files that are used to help find errors, etc. The next time I work on getting more statistics computation and reporting set up, I'd like to do something to flag those so that aren't listed in rankings, included in averages, etc.

--- End quote ---
On a related note, there are still some vestigial log files (yaxtest-ma138.log, yaxtest-ma79.log, yaxtest-us6.log) for dummy lists that I deleted. They're in the /logs directory but not /devlogs. (Maybe they predate the creation of devlogs...) Might be a good idea to clean up that directory / those directories, and/or automate a cleanup / rebuild-from-scratch as part of the site update process.

michih:
^^ These log files must be deleted manually (by Jim). There are also michih2.log files ;).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version