Author Topic: OH: OH 28 Point Concern  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:38:32 pm
OH: OH 28 Point Concern
« on: February 16, 2021, 06:45:48 pm »
I think that the invisible shaping point just east of the eastern intersection with "Business State Route 28" should be moved to that intersection and made visible.

That probably affects the OldOH28 at the west end of "Business State Route 28".

Of course, since the road name is "Business State Route 28", why is there no OH 28 BUS?

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:52:57 pm
Re: OH: OH 28 Point Concern
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 03:05:16 pm »
Sure, that makes sense. Bus28_E added and OldOH28 changed to Bus28_W. Changed in my local copy.

As to why there's no corresponding OH 28 Bus file, it's not signed.
Clinched:

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:38:32 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 03:34:30 pm »
As to why there's no corresponding OH 28 Bus file, it's not signed.

I understood that part.  I was thinking in my head there wanting to tell Ohio DOT, "Just make this truly be a OH 28 BUS already".  I doubt that ODOT considers it officially as OH 28 BUS.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 05:00:58 pm »
I understood that part.  I was thinking in my head there wanting to tell Ohio DOT, "Just make this truly be a OH 28 BUS already".  I doubt that ODOT considers it officially as OH 28 BUS.

It’s not really needed; my guess is the road got that name after the bypass was built because the local authorities couldn’t come up with anything more creative. ODOT and individual jurisdictions have put forth very little effort into signing business routes, and even less into signing them consistently.
Clinched:

Offline osu-lsu

• Last Login:Yesterday at 11:21:51 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 08:14:54 pm »

It’s not really needed; my guess is the road got that name after the bypass was built because the local authorities couldn’t come up with anything more creative. ODOT and individual jurisdictions have put forth very little effort into signing business routes, and even less into signing them consistently.

I'll go further and say ODOT, at some point, over the last 10-15 years, actively got state business routes unsigned.
Though interstate & US business routes are a whole other story (with their signage still floating around).

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
Clinched: