Author Topic: TX US 67 through Brashear  (Read 1623 times)

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:54:05 pm
Re: TX US 67 through Brashear
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2022, 12:55:56 pm »
I would say no to that because US 67 is not signed along I-30 in Dallas/Fort Worth either.
We're not talking about DFW. We're talking about Brashear. There's a clear difference in signage when you hit I-30 at the Brashear exit vs. almost any other exit in the area.

Offline jayhawkco

• Last Login:February 05, 2024, 01:16:11 pm
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2022, 01:03:25 pm »
I would say no to that because US 67 is not signed along I-30 in Dallas/Fort Worth either.
We're not talking about DFW. We're talking about Brashear. There's a clear difference in signage when you hit I-30 at the Brashear exit vs. almost any other exit in the area.

And there aren't US67 signs on side streets in Dallas.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:22:54 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 10:15:31 pm »
Note that the 1961 and 1972 Hopkins County maps clearly show US 67 not with I-30 at Brashear.

TxDOT's on-line map also shows US 67 no banner there (while it does call 67 Business through Sulphur Springs BU67).

There are no minute orders moving US 67 to I-30 there or re-designating it as US 67 Bus, plus there is one discussing speed limits that calls it US 67 with no banner.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:May 10, 2024, 04:30:27 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2022, 10:44:17 am »
Because reasons:
• No clear, direct or signed SB routing that leaves I-30
• Not signed at exit from the NB mainline
• So thru travelers following signage will stay on I-30 anyway
• AASHTO log lists US67 as overlapping I-30 thru this area, not joining/leaving.
Mainline US67 will stay as-is, concurrent with I-30. US67Bra will be added as a separate route.

jayhawkco, did you see the above quote from earlier in the thread?

I did see it. I guess I just feel like since we take everything on this site as "how it's posted in the field" as opposed to official designations (with the exception of interstates that got grandfathered in), if there aren't any US67 signs on I-30 and there ARE signs through Brashear, that that means it goes through Brashear, no?

There are plenty of other examples that we have on here that are similar. US6 in Colorado for instance. It's rarely (if ever) signed when leaving I-70 in mountain towns, but there are US6 shields once you get off the highway. If a thru traveler was trying to stay on US6, they wouldn't get off I-70 either.

So basically US6 in CO hits three of the four bullet points above, and since there's a discrepancy between AASHTO and the state planning map, I don't think we can really use "official designation" as a guideline one way or the other.
Yeah, but at least with the US 6 segments there's pretty much always a direct way on/off I-70/I-76 for both directions. Here it would be hard to travel this heading "south" on US 67 (west on I-30). In that direction, US 67 just... teleports off the interstate like US 85/87 in Colorado Springs or US 24 in Seibert (if you look at CDOT's official designations). With those, we just adjust to the nearest exit but here that doesn't really work because Texas. I think the split segments approach is a good compromise between accuracy of signage/data and routing expediency for travelers.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton