Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

fracvldXX: Centre-Val de Loire Routes Départementales

<< < (3/3)

michih:
fracvld41 - Loir-et-Cher Routes Départementales will be in preview with the next site update. More than 260 routes for almost 2,100 miles.

michih:
fracvld37 - Indre-et-Loire Routes Départementales will be in preview with the next site update. More than 300 routes for more than 2,300 miles.

dave1693:
Is Chartres going to get any M routes? I notice D routes with the same number on either side of the city (and in at least one case, OSM signs it through).

michih:

--- Quote from: dave1693 on April 13, 2022, 01:03:36 am ---Is Chartres going to get any M routes?
--- End quote ---

Nope. It is not a Métropole - no M routes.

--- Quote from: dave1693 on April 13, 2022, 01:03:36 am ---I notice D routes with the same number on either side of the city (and in at least one case, OSM signs it through).
--- End quote ---

It's difficult to find the best way because some towns generally don't sign D routes within their boundaries but some do. Many towns have old signs (especially N route signs) still in place decades after they were downgraded or albeit bypasses are in service now. It is always an individual decision for each town whether I draft routes through towns, up to the town boundaries (like in Chartres) or up to a town bypass but I try to be consistent for all routes of the town although there might be some signs within the town for individual routes.

Chartres seems to have signs up to the town boundary only. However, feel free to prove me wrong with GSV links :)

michih:

--- Quote from: michih on April 13, 2022, 01:42:55 pm ---It's difficult to find the best way because some towns generally don't sign D routes within their boundaries but some do. Many towns have old signs (especially N route signs) still in place decades after they were downgraded or albeit bypasses are in service now. It is always an individual decision for each town
--- End quote ---

I should add that OSM and GM often show different routings and it would be wild guess without the evidence of signs. There is also a lot of new GSV coverage from 2020-22 showing towns or departements with either "a lot of new signs" or "a lot of signs disappeared".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version