Author Topic: I-11 Nevada northern extension  (Read 156 times)

Online cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:15:35 pm
I-11 Nevada northern extension
« on: May 01, 2024, 01:07:39 am »
As of April 30, Nevada DOT has made the internal changes to redesignate I-515 as I-11. In addition, I-11 has been extended internally up to NV 157. I'm currently on the road, but I will make the change in TM later this week. I-515 will be deprecated, but it will remain a valid label. As of now, there are no imminent exit number changes, so I should be able to do this without breaking list files.

That being said, there's gonna be a little time required to change all of the exit and intersecting road waypoints to reflect that I-11 is the primary designation. Existing waypoint labels should be kept as alternates.

Practice on TM is to include unsigned interstates, so I plan to include the entire thing at this time despite no reported signs north/west of I-15. If signs aren't up yet, they will be soon, as NDOT plans to have the re-signing done this spring. AASHTO approved a while back.

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:Today at 07:16:33 pm
Re: I-11 Nevada northern extension
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 10:19:39 pm »
There are no plans to add 344 and 335 in OK until they're signed. FYI.
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:40:35 pm
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:35:10 am »
Same thing with I-69 in TN in the Memphis area.  Has full AASHTO & FHWA approval, but we only have it as a 'future' Interstate due to 0 signage.

Online vdeane

• Last Login:Today at 10:08:44 pm
    • New York State Roads
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:59:37 am »
In those cases, though, isn't it that the state hasn't changed the designation yet?  In the case of I-11, NDOT has, and there are already reports of signage going up, just piecemeal before NDOT does the full roll-out.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Online cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:15:35 pm
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:07:04 am »
And that's the thing- part of the extension is already signed. Sure, NDOT is taking their sweet time, but signs are going up along the extension. Signs have been going up for a while. If "signed" was the only thing I was using, I'd have made the change months ago.

I can certainly hold off if there's a clear concensus, but the extension is signed to some degree.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:50:44 pm
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:25:28 pm »
Most notably, nonzero signs for I-11 in NV already exist. The other examples cited have no signs within the given state.

I think it's fine to go ahead with.